Thread: MLB Rule Changes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

MLB MLB Rule Changes

The Major League Rules will now provide that all postseason games and games added to the regular season to determine qualifiers for the postseason become suspended games if they are called, regardless of how many innings have been played or the score at the time the game is called. (The Major League Rules affected include 25(a), 33(c), 35(b), 37(b) and 39.) A suspended game is resumed and played to completion at the same site.

In addition, Major League Rule 33(c) has been amended to reflect the recommendations made by the Major League General Managers during their November 2008 meeting. Coin tosses no longer will determine home-field advantage in tie-breaker games that determine a Division Championship or the Wild Card. Instead, sites for such games will be determined by a set of performance-based criteria that will begin with the head-to-head record between the tied clubs.
    Looks good to me. Why it took them this long to change the coin flip is pretty astonishing but better late than never.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: MLB Rule Changes

Looks good to me too. I'm sure someone will have a complaint about something though.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

I like these changes. Titles should be decided on the field, not the boardroom.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Rookie ERA

Should have been put in place a long time ago.