Thread: Byrd Thinks He's Roger Clemens

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

MLB Byrd Thinks He's Roger Clemens

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Paul Byrd is putting off retirement, but plans to sit out the first half of the season.
    Byrd indicated that he's received offers from multiple teams, but wants to take a break to spend some time with his family. "I'm in a weird predicament," Byrd said. "I don't know what to do." He may try to join a contender around midseason, but it's also possible that the 38-year-old has thrown his final pitch.
    Who the hell does he think he is?? Byrd had an awful year last year and was worse after being traded to a contender. His ERA and WHIP went up when going to Boston. I think it is safe to say Byrd has thrown his first pitch. I just want to know how good he thinks he is.

MLB ERA

Re: Byrd Thinks He's Roger Clemens

I would say the offers have been very low base-salary, highly incentive laden contracts, even minor-league deals that would pay him different salaries depending on whether or not he makes the major league club. Sure, as a Twins' fan, I'd like to see him pitching in Rochester, helping teach some of the kids a bit more, but not for the money he thinks he is worth.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Byrd Thinks He's Roger Clemens

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I think it is safe to say Byrd has thrown his first pitch.
    That's a pretty safe bet. I'll wager that it was with the Mets in 1995.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.