As most of you knew, Frank Robinson went off on Scioscia about how he lost respect for him and how he went on at Brendan Donelly for using pine tar on his glove. Jose Guillen, who had an axe to grind with Mike Scioscia after Scioscia released him last year, apparently tipped Robinson about how Donnelly was using pine tar in his glove so Robinson told the ump to check it. Scioscia did not like it as his reliever got tossed so he went to jaw at Robinson. He also couldn't be happy that Guillen tipped him off hence why he went at Robinson hard. I had no idea why Scioscia was ripping him. His pitcher got caught redhanded. Robinson was within his rights to check his glove. I thought Scioscia just looked bad out there by arguing, checking on every Nationals pitcher to see if they have pine tar on their glove, and then saying in his press conference about how every pitcher used pine tar on the glove. That's unlike Scioscia to be unnerved like that.

I like Scioscia a lot, but I am very dissapointed with the way he handled this especially after he talked about how Twins setup guy Juan Rincon should have been suspended for the year for using steroids. Maybe he will learn not to throw stones at someone's glasshouse now that his pitcher got caught with his pants down.