Thread: What are the damn Brew Crew thinking?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Coach What are the damn Brew Crew thinking?

MILWAUKEE (AP)—The Milwaukee Brewers fired manager Ned Yost on Monday with the team mired in a late-season slump that has jeopardized its chances of making the playoffs for the first time since 1982.

Third-base coach Dale Sveum will become interim manager for the remainder of the season.

The Brewers share the NL wild-card lead with Philadelphia despite losing 11 of 14 in September, including seven of their last eight. Milwaukee was idle Monday.

“This was a very difficult move to make, and we appreciate all of the work that Ned has done to develop this team into a contender,” general manager Doug Melvin said. “In the end, this was a collaborative decision made to put our club in the best position for the final two weeks of the season.”

Milwaukee is hoping to avoid a repeat of last year’s collapse. The Brewers held an 8 1/2 -game lead in late June before sliding to 83-79 and missing the playoffs.
    Brewers fire manager Ned Yost - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

I mean if your trying to spark a team. Could you find a better way to do that?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: What are the damn Brew Crew thinking?

I would hope so. But I got a feeling that there may have been some things said behind closed doors that may have been detrimental. Cause this seems like a desperate move IMO. You would think that there are better ways for the team to pull together. But if he said something to management after they approached him, you just never know.

I kinda think this seals the fate of the team for the season, but you never know.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's not surprising to me that he was canned, but it's surprising they do it.. in the middle of September? This reeks of a NBA firing conspiracy.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Yost is a good baseball man. He will learn from this and be a very good manager for the next team that gives him a chance. There should be several vacancies after this season and he will get a good look at at least one of them. I could see Pittsburgh, Washington, Seattle or Detroit having an opening.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think Acta and Leyland will stick with their teams. I hope to throw the Giants out there as a team looking for a manager but really don't want Yost. The key will be just how these young guys come together. Having proving vets like Durham, Counsell and Cameron will hlep as they have to start helping lead this team.