Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: no-no for carlos zambrano!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: no-no for carlos zambrano!

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    frankly, theres not many places where it WOULD be a neutral site. Play in florida and it'll be mostly cubs fans (transplanted chicagoans) and same thing in arizona. The only places that it wouldnt be would probably be toronto the west coast, and mayyyybe st. louis (lots of cubs fans live in southern illinois too, ya know).
    Most of southern Illinois is Cardinal country. There are Cubs fans but the Cards fans vastly outnumber the Cubs fans.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Most of southern Illinois is Cardinal country. There are Cubs fans but the Cards fans vastly outnumber the Cubs fans.
    but still outnumbers astros fans by a good margin. I basically say anywhere south of peoria is southern illinois.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

AAA ERA

Lilly took a no-no into the 7th. Had he been able to finish the job, it would have been the first team to throw back to back no hitters.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I guess this hurricane really took a toll on the Astros huh.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    I guess this hurricane really took a toll on the Astros huh.
    You sound like the Astro's manager.
    With Zambrano's bid for history in clear view, the fans grew louder with each out the right-hander recorded until Darin Erstad struck out on Zambrano's 110th and final pitch of the game.

Was Zambrano that dominant?

"No," manager Cecil Cooper said "It was a long travel day and Hurricane Ike. And having two days off. Not saying he wasn't good, but this was a pretty tough circumstance."
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Zambrano was good for sure, but the circumstances sure didn't favor the Astros.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

they didnt. but that doesnt excuse today's effort. They are human sure, but they are also highly paid professionals and deal with the circumstances.

and its not like the cubs had the best of circumstances with all the flooding go around chicago. sure its not a warzone like houston area is, but there was significant flooding go around on friday and saturday (and sunday too)

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

How about Montreal for a neutral site?!?!?!?!?!
    I'd skip work for that, and make the trip up.

AAA ERA

I'd like to know how they favored the Cubs outside of people coming up to cheer for them. Which would have happened anywhere. They could have picked ANYWHERE and Cubs fans would have shown up. We travel very well. If the Brewers would have felt better about playing somewhere else, it's their owners fault. He refused to not have the games at Houston until Saturday night. By then Milwaukee was the only place they could play games both Sunday and Monday and not have to worry about the weather.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    I'd like to know how they favored the Cubs outside of people coming up to cheer for them. Which would have happened anywhere. They could have picked ANYWHERE and Cubs fans would have shown up. We travel very well. If the Brewers would have felt better about playing somewhere else, it's their owners fault. He refused to not have the games at Houston until Saturday night. By then Milwaukee was the only place they could play games both Sunday and Monday and not have to worry about the weather.
    Well let's see. There's a hurricane destroying your town and you have to leave your families behind to deal with this situation without you; this leads to mental anguish and stress, it's hard to concentrate on baseball when your families are back in Texas getting battered by a hurricane and you're not there with them. Also, if the game had been in Houston, yes there would have been Cubs fans there, but in far smaller proportion than there was in Milwaukee for sure, and at least they'd have been canceled out by the Astros fans.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think giantsfan has soaked Zambrano's jersey in man juice, by now.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Well let's see. There's a hurricane destroying your town and you have to leave your families behind to deal with this situation without you; this leads to mental anguish and stress, it's hard to concentrate on baseball when your families are back in Texas getting battered by a hurricane and you're not there with them. Also, if the game had been in Houston, yes there would have been Cubs fans there, but in far smaller proportion than there was in Milwaukee for sure, and at least they'd have been canceled out by the Astros fans.
    they had several days notice. their families could definitely have gotten out of town for the weekend. Over a million others did, after all.

AAA ERA

Ok man, the Hurricane didn't hover over Houston. It had already passed. I'm sure Berkman used those millions he makes to send his family to a Hilton or something. The rich baseball players aren't the ones who I worry about in Houston. I worry about he poor people with no where to go.

As for playing the game in Houston, that wasn't possible. What would you have them do? Go to a place with no power, no people working, and somehow have a game?
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    As for playing the game in Houston, that wasn't possible. What would you have them do? Go to a place with no power, no people working, and somehow have a game?
    They could have gone to another stadium in the south, but Selig wanted the games to be played under a dome!

Really though, you're telling me that going from having your usual game in Houston with 30,000 Astros fans, to playing in Milwaukee where there were 23,000 Cubs fans is a circumstance that doesn't favor the Cubs? Really?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I must say once again that home field advantage is overrated. The visiting players have more important things to worry about than the crowd booing at their every move. For instance, the game. I heckling Brandon Webb isn't going to increase the odds that Angel Berroa will get a base hit off Webb. The benefit of a home game is that if the victorious road team were to celebrate on the home team's logo, the fans get to cry about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast