View Poll Results: No-hitter for Sabathia?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a no-hitter!

9 42.86%
  • No, no no-hitter!

12 57.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hit or no hit?

MLB ERA

Re: Hit or no hit?

I'm sure they'd be happy about it, but I doubt they'd throw a huge celebration either.

Sports fans have a tendency of pretending to know people's frames of mind and base their opinions off of their assumptions. (I'm guilty of this myself sometimes)

I'm positive that CC and the Brewers would like this to be overturned because it'd be a good mark on CC's record, but I doubt they're going to be pissed or anything if they don't overturn it.

I'm sure if it was a matter of him either having the no hitter or the Brewers still being in the pennant race they'd choose the latter 7 days a week and twice on Sunday, but that's not the case. They're in the pennant race and CC threw the gem whether they overturn the ruling or not.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

LOL Well I'm not expecting a parade or anything.

thats a no-hitter, if CC fields it cleanly, he throws him out with ease
    TBSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2010-present
    Former TSSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2019-2020 163-161 .501
    Former TSSL manager of the Toronto Blue Jays 2018-2019 record- 118-206 % .364
    Former CSSL manager of the San Fransisco giants 42-40 % .512

overall record 323-407 pct: .442

www.youtube.com/packersrock58
    christopher_stone_1@msn.com

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

It was an error, but you can't change it now. I totally agree with DK, it's a much different mentality pitching with no hits on the board than one.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    LaRoche was only halfway down the base path when C.C., err, I mean CC was up and in throwing position with no baseball in his hand.

He would have gotten him.
    The reason he dropped it was because it was spinning and he couldn't grab it the right way. He himself said he should have picked it up with his glove. He would have gotten him because LaRoche wasn't even running that fast, he was jogging until he realized the ball was dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I don't see how Yost being concerned about this detracts from his ability to be concerned about the playoff race.
    Yost only focuses on the day that is happening. He doesn't look at standings or records so he probably doesn't even know what's going on with that playoff stuff.

they never check thestandings...BULL SHIT! you know they do. lol and hardy blonde just posted outside brewers forum! :O but yeah, thats a no hitter
    TBSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2010-present
    Former TSSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2019-2020 163-161 .501
    Former TSSL manager of the Toronto Blue Jays 2018-2019 record- 118-206 % .364
    Former CSSL manager of the San Fransisco giants 42-40 % .512

overall record 323-407 pct: .442

www.youtube.com/packersrock58
    christopher_stone_1@msn.com

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    It was an error, but you can't change it now. I totally agree with DK, it's a much different mentality pitching with no hits on the board than one.
    That can't be considered, the fact that MLB overturns calls on a regular basis no one knows about makes this cut and dry. If its an error in a 9-6 game its an error when a guy has a no hitter going... pressure doesn't matter and lets be honest. Why was CC throwing those last 2 innings? It wasn't cause it was a tight game... it was cause they thought they could get it overturned...

I hope MLB does the right thing and overturns his hideous call
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrewrock View Post
    they never check thestandings...BULL SHIT! you know they do. lol and hardy blonde just posted outside brewers forum! :O but yeah, thats a no hitter
    I didn't say "they" I said "he" referring to Ned...He said it himself...

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    That can't be considered, the fact that MLB overturns calls on a regular basis no one knows about makes this cut and dry. If its an error in a 9-6 game its an error when a guy has a no hitter going... pressure doesn't matter and lets be honest. Why was CC throwing those last 2 innings? It wasn't cause it was a tight game... it was cause they thought they could get it overturned...

I hope MLB does the right thing and overturns his hideous call
    Why the hell did they bring in instant replay if they aren't gonna use it??!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Blonde View Post
    Why the hell did they bring in instant replay if they aren't gonna use it??!
    You want the umpires to use instant replay to determine if it was a hit or an error? First off, that's not their job, but the official scorer's! And it also has no impact on the game situation; there is a runner at first base regardless of how it is scored!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

right, and from what I've heard/read I don't think MLB can overturn it...the official scorer would have to.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    right, and from what I've heard/read I don't think MLB can overturn it...the official scorer would have to.
    apparently, this is the first year that MLB can overturn this type of thing. Interesting.

Dodgers still have chance to fix mediocre season (cont.) - Jon Heyman - SI.com

This is the first year MLB's main office has the power to reverse official scoring decisions, which may give CC Sabathia a modicum of hope for his would-be no-hitter. But while there have been lots of quietly protested scoring decisions this season, only two have been overturned -- neither involving anything memorable or even newsworthy like a no-hitter.

The reason so few are getting overturned is the high standard laid out in the rule book. According to rules, it takes a decision that is determined to be "clearly erroneous,'' which is a lofty standard, indeed. While the call in Pittsburgh for a hit by Andy LaRoche appeared to be probably incorrect, as LaRoche seemed to be only halfway to first base when Sabathia was fumbling the ball, it'll still be difficult for MLB to say the call was "clearly'' incorrect.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    You want the umpires to use instant replay to determine if it was a hit or an error? First off, that's not their job, but the official scorer's! And it also has no impact on the game situation; there is a runner at first base regardless of how it is scored!
    Not the umps, I could care less about them. Let the MLB dudes and the official scorer look at it...Don't care about the runner either point is it would be an error instead of a hit.

MLB ERA

You guys know why Brewers fans, coaches and the front office are begging to give CC the no-no, right? They're convinced that their loyalty will give them a discount. I mean, why else would they STILL be complaining about this stupid *** call?

AAA ERA

Yeah yeah. Doesn't matter anyway they denied it.

MLB ERA

If you ask me, it was probably an error. But, CC made the error, so I feel no sympathy. Additionally, CC wasn't even the one to complain, so I see no reason to reverse the decision just because the manager decides to whine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast