Thread: Little League World Series

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

MLB Little League World Series

Watching the road to the LLWS now, Indiana vs Ohio.

The Mt Vernon Ohio team has a left-handed catcher. This is of particular attention to me as my Dad was a lefty catcher. He played for the PCL Padres in the early 50's.

Also I have been on many a baseball board where the general consensus is that lefty catchers are a handicap to a team. Yet, here in 2008 we have one on a LL team. The announcers said that the last time this happened in MLB was 1987, but didn't say who the player was.

Just thought I'd share this tidbit of info.

I am currently working with a group of people in my community to bring LL baseball to the area. They have never had LL baseball here, never. They have an independent, private league that parents are fed up with. There are 2200 kids playing soccer and only 580 playing in the independent baseball league. That is sad to me.

In any case these kids are the future of baseball in our country and I fully support them and the LL program. Many of you out there probably played LL or Pony League, Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken, high school, or whatever just as I did.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Little League World Series

I love Little League, but I don't think it should be televised.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

lol i play little league in England, (im a lefty catcher) im 14 before u ask
    TBSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2010-present
    Former TSSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2019-2020 163-161 .501
    Former TSSL manager of the Toronto Blue Jays 2018-2019 record- 118-206 % .364
    Former CSSL manager of the San Fransisco giants 42-40 % .512

overall record 323-407 pct: .442

www.youtube.com/packersrock58
    christopher_stone_1@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    y not??? im sure the kids don't mind it, seeing asthough playing on TV is pretty cool, however it DOES put pressure on them knowing that if you make a mistake, or do something stupid, (like the kid who got slapped by his coach when he said "one ****ing run") then it is going to be seen, and laughed at my millions!Also i hear alott of dads put pressure on their kids...I have seen one incedent of that before, my dad has never put pressure on me, but I once saw this kids dad slapping him after he missed a penaltie to tie the game up (i saved it)

MLB ERA

MLB Re: Little League World Series

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Based on something that happened in the 2007 LLWS I agree with you. But I can't for the life of me remember what the hell it was (lemme think on it awhile). I'm old don't ya know and the oldtimers disease kicks in sometimes, especially after a few beers (STFU zit boy).

On the other hand, how can regular folk like us see LLWS games if they didn't televise them?
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrewrock View Post
    lol i play little league in England, (im a lefty catcher) im 14 before u ask
    Seriously? Or are you yanking my chain? Post a pic of you and your catchers mitt. I wasn't gonna ask your age. I remember when I was 14.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

IDK if it's necessary to televise the road to the world series, but I like watching these little guys put it all out there in Williamsport. Only if professionals played with that kind of emotion.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat View Post
    Seriously? Or are you yanking my chain? Post a pic of you and your catchers mitt. I wasn't gonna ask your age. I remember when I was 14.
    sure, if i can get my digital camera to work...they have little league teams in England, there was even a sma;ll documentary about it on MLB.com it was called "little britain" i think.... (i dont play in the same area as the documentary)

im not sure if it is classed as little league, am i too old, but i do play for a team, the under 15's team

MLB ERA

im not sure if it is classed as little league, am i too old, but i do play for a team, the under 15's team
    I'm glad you play ball. Being that this is a baseball board and baseball is basically my life, I support you, no matter what league you are in, your age or your country. Do you play soccer at all?

I'm glad you play ball. Being that this is a baseball board and baseball is basically my life, I support you, no matter what league you are in, your age or your country. Do you play soccer at all?
    OH HELL YES!! I'm even in burnley FCs academy! (i'm a golie) i also play cricket AND american football for the yorksire Rams, and thanks for the support, baseball and american football are my life! I also LOVE soccer and cricket, but i like american football and baseball more, they r my life! there are not many baseball leagues and teams, but i live right near one, so luck of the drawer a guesse, There are a few more american football teams and everyone in England live relativley near to one.

MLB ERA

OH HELL YES!! I'm even in burnley FCs academy! (i'm a golie) i also play cricket AND american football for the yorksire Rams, and thanks for the support, baseball and american football are my life! I also LOVE soccer and cricket, but i like american football and baseball more, they r my life! there are not many baseball leagues and teams, but i live right near one, so luck of the drawer a guesse, There are a few more american football teams and everyone in England live relativley near to one.
    Sounds like you must immigrate to the US one day and play in the professional leagues for real $$$$. Just don't forget your friends when you strike it rich......

lol i dont think im that good! but i promise i wont forget about u Im better at soccer.