Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread: 2008 All Star Game!

MLB ERA

Re: 2008 All Star Game!

I don't blame him, but part of me expects it to crush him like the Pujols HR did. He has always had trouble bouncing back

Well, ain't I a baseball fan since I missed the entire ASG game? I was busy with my friends over last night. Wrong time, but it's not like the end of world, anyway. Late in night, I was watching news on the TV about the ASG that the AL team has won with Morneau sliding in for the win after 15 innings. Wow. This must be a special game or what?
    Twins All-Time Record since the day I exist
    3,955 total games (1964-1991), .496

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Again, can we really say that? Did every NL team play ever AL team? There were some pretty lopsided series. I mean, the Yankees played Houston, San Diego, and Pittsburgh. That's not exactly the most balanced IL schedule...
    Yes we can. Only 3 NL teams had winning records against the AL. Chi has the Major's best record and went just 6-9 against the AL, they played the white sox 6 teams going 3-3 but what about the other 9 games? They got swept by Tampa and split 6 games w/ Bal & Toronto. They should have been at least 8-7 against those teams. You have to get 1 in Tampa. Philly leads the East and they went 4-11 in IL. Only the Mets, Braves and Cincy had winning records. In the AL the ROYALS went 13-5 in IL, Seattle has the worst record in MLB and they were 9-9, Bal is in last in the East and they went 11-7. The AL is better and has been for many years now, you cannot tell me every year the matchups favor the AL teams?

MLB ERA

But you're looking at completely unbalanced schedules. If every team played every team, you'd be able to say definitively. However, when NL teams only play CERTAIN AL teams, it's not really a definitive answer. It's not like the NL is awful, they beat the AL in the world series in 2003 and 2006. Yeah, the AL has won more, but it's getting closer than you guys realize.

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465