Thread: Baseball's Golden Age on FSN

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Media Baseball's Golden Age on FSN

I watched the first episode a couple of days ago and I HIGHLY recommend checking it out if you haven't. Obviously from the title it's a look back on baseball's past but its so much more than that; it actually shows most of the show in color. Seeing a guy like Gehrig take swings in BP, in color, is just amazing. Apparently a lot of the color footage is from fans and from the player's personal cameras too. In the first show, they talked about the sights and sounds of the game, Williams vs DiMaggio (including the infamous near trade), Yankees-Dodgers-Giants, and ended with a bit on Babe Ruth.

They have some great names talking about the game and Alec Baldwin narrates (he has a great voice for it.)

Seriously, check it out. Hopefully they'll repeat the first episode but I think the new episode comes on Sunday night. Way better than the original programming garbage ESPN usually subjects us to.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Baseball's Golden Age on FSN

Bump.

Surely others enjoy history of the game shows? No other sport history is quite as rich or as fascinating as baseball and this show is great for what it is. The only complaint I had after the first episode was that I wish that the episodes were an hour long so they could cover each topic a bit more indepthly.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm sure that the show is great, but I don't have cable.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If I see it online anywhere, I'll let you know. It really is something else to see some of these players in color footage.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Has anyone started watching this yet? It's one of my favorite shows.

MLB ERA

I don't get FSN...if you find it online, I'll be sure to watch it. Even though I'm just a young kid as compared to a lot of the posters here, I love learning about the history of the game. It sounds like an intriguing show, and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.

MLB ERA

I was going to watch it last night, but forgot to do so. I'll probably watch it next week if I'm home.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon