Thread: Bonds vs. Kittle

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bonds vs. Kittle

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

This makes no sense to me. Bonds was married at the time these comments were allegedly made to a white woman. His kids are half white. Bonds might say a lot of stupid things like Boston is racist and so forth but he would not say this. The fact that my friend and I (who is white) have autographs from Barry personally. The fact that you have sex with whites and have white kids by defintion says you aren't racist. Kittle is a sad man trying to sell books by kicking a man when he is down. Kittle will sell 120,000 books now that this has come out. Way to go Ron! You are still not interesting.

This brings me to another point. Why does every average player think their life was interesting? Billy Bean wrote a book about being gay in the MLB and no one bothered to read it. That is a lot more interesting than all these others lame ass players books. Who cares what Kittle did on the road? When is someone interesting gonna write a book?

AA ERA
    Wouldn't be shocked if he did say that. Not saying he is completely racist but I can see him saying that that.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

This makes no sense to me. Bonds was married at the time these comments were allegedly made to a white woman. His kids are half white. Bonds might say a lot of stupid things like Boston is racist and so forth but he would not say this. The fact that my friend and I (who is white) have autographs from Barry personally. The fact that you have sex with whites and have white kids by defintion says you aren't racist. Kittle is a sad man trying to sell books by kicking a man when he is down. Kittle will sell 120,000 books now that this has come out. Way to go Ron! You are still not interesting.

This brings me to another point. Why does every average player think their life was interesting? Billy Bean wrote a book about being gay in the MLB and no one bothered to read it. That is a lot more interesting than all these others lame ass players books. Who cares what Kittle did on the road? When is someone interesting gonna write a book?
    While in Pittsburgh Bonds refused to sign autographs for kids if they didn't have a pen, Bonds claimed "hardship" during the 94 strike and convinced a judge to cut down alimony payments (Judge then asked for his autograph, lucky for him he had a pen). Bonds also called Babe Ruth a racist and said that he can't wait to break his record (As opposed to Hank Aarons)

Maybe Bonds said what he did, maybe he didn't. But lets be frank, he was a butt then, he's a butt now. He's made racist comments in the past and present, where there's smoke theres fire.....

AA ERA
    Great points, Taylor.

I choose to believe Kittle in this. With that said, why rip Bonds when he is down. He could have address this years ago. Why now? I like to see Kittle talk to Bonds at San Francisco and settle this.

I have no idea if Bonds said it or not. IF he did, he shouldn't have. If he didn't then shame on Kittle. Supposedly there were witnesses including Matt Williams. I don't see Williams getting into this though.

ERA
    Call NASA
    There is one major difference between bonds and Kittle. bonds has disgraced baseball and Kittle has not.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I believe Bonds said it, regardless of how many white woman he's banged and how many mixed kids he has. I also believe it was probably said jokingly and taken out of context, any thing that can be construed racist in this society, will be, and will be blown out of proportion. I am so sick and tired of all of the ****ing racial sensitivity in this country, don't we have better things to do than sit around arguing about some he said/she said BS!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The fact that you have sex with whites...by defintion says you aren't racist.
    the man's got needs...I'm sure that need overrides his dislike

ERA
    Call NASA
    You get my vote for post of the day.

Rookie ERA
    When is someone interesting gonna write a book?

Have you read Ball Four yet?
    Cubs fan since 1992. Red Sox fan since 1995. Baseball fan since life began. Wrigley and Fenway are still awesome after all these years.

I know I've said it, but welcome to the forums once again.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Rookie ERA

Cubs Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Thanks. It's a good thing I found this place so I could talk with real fans. Special thanks to fishercat. I owe you one.
    Cubs fan since 1992. Red Sox fan since 1995. Baseball fan since life began. Wrigley and Fenway are still awesome after all these years.