Thread: I think I am gonna be sick

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think I am gonna be sick

Have any of you seen who is leading in AllStar votes? Not all of them are bad choices but good lord things need to be changed. Nomar is leading all NL SS's. WTF? What are people thinking? Other terrible choices that are leading their position is Tino, Rolen, Piazza, Pujols, and Griffey (not leading but would be a starter). Not only is Tino leading but Millar is in second over way more deserving players like Teixeira and Sweeney. Nomar and Rolen have been hurt and shouldn't even be considered. Piazza is leading over Ramon Hernandez and Paul LoDuca. Hell Mike Matheny has better numbers. Derek Lee is the Triple Crown leader and he is 300,000 votes behind Pujols. Griffey over Miguel Cabrera and Bobby Abreu. Even Milton Bradley is more deserving. I have a problem with Beltran leading in votes when there are more deserving players. It is really starting to make me sick because now "these games count". Players and coaches should be the ones that vote for these AllStar games since they do count now. Just think if the NL would have won last year. The Red Sox might have had a harder time than they did. Cards had no shot to win going to Fenway after "The Choke". Players and coaches have a much better clue whi is deserving then the fans do. I don't want to see Griffey in there over guys like Cabrera and even Brady Clark. Guys work their asses off only to get shafted by guys who are big names but playing like shit. True baseball fans would watch the game anyway even though they didn't get a vote. What else are they gonna watch? The WNBA? Its pretty sad when Homerun Derby is the highlight of the weekend. Things need to change and for the better.

AA ERA
    The voting has been a joke as always. Tino Martinez as the leading vote getter? Nomar as the vote getter at SS? UGH!

The saving grace of the ASG is that Francona will be managing the All-Star so here is hoping he will be fair with his selections.

I will vote on June 15th and trust me I won't be voting for Junior Griffey, Tino, or Nomar for sure.

AAA ERA
    Tino doesn't deserve it overall but he was red hot for almost a month and people probably paid attention and voted for him. he is back to looking like an older player and he'll fall down in the balloting. Piazza is another guy who is leading his position and shouldn't be.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I think I am gonna be sick again because I just saw Sportscenter and Jeff Brantley was saying the same things I was.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Piazza is another guy who is leading his position and shouldn't be.
    It's really sad how Piazza has really dropped out in the last three years. I did not think that would happen.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Well two severe groin injuries will do that to ya.

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    I think I am gonna be sick again because I just saw Sportscenter and Jeff Brantley was saying the same things I was.
    How many times have I stated that sports writers and broadcasters don't know what they are talking about. They don't know their A from their E. That old saying about peas in a pod.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Well in this case Jeff knows what he is talking about. But most of the time you are right. Someone must have written the segment for Jeff.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I hate the ASG...it is a joke...that is all

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    The All-Star voting is a joke, not the game itself. If you want players that actually deserve to play, let the owners vote for them, not the fans. It's all about popularity which its a shame because Nomar and Vlad Guerrero to name a few are popular whereas Derrick Lee and Miguel Cabrera are not.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    the game is a joke though. you have to have one guy from every team so less deserving people always make it. The same garbage happens when the manager picks the reserves and pitchers because they always pick more of their guys than they should because "so and so got me here (to the world series to manage the ASG)...the voting is also a joke. The whole thing is especially now with the "this time it counts" bs...a waste of 3 days during the season IMHO

MLB ERA
    The voting never quite goes how it should. I think a player should be in the All-Star Game on more than just a hot few months at the start of the year. Paul Lo Duca always crashes after the ASG, and I don't see people complaining that he should lose votes for it. I vote on how I think a player will stand by the end of the season, not how I think he will stand by the ASG itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    as said before the ASG is a total joke

but having the owners pick the players are just bad since they want to make money, they will pick almost the same players as what the fans would vote for

i don't believe anyone can make the right choices anymore in the baseball world
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

ASG is just a festival for fans, I don't really care who to be in it. I actually wish all the Cubs will not get selected (fat chance, maybe Jose Marcias just for the at least one player from each team rule), so they can have those days off to rest, spend some time with their families. Although it is funny that Nomar is leading the votes in SS.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!