Thread: To Error Is Not Human!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

To Error Is Not Human!

Kevin Youkilis tied Steve Garvey's major league record of 193 consecutive games without an error by a first baseman on Tuesday. Today, Placido Polanco errorless streak reached 183 games. Youkilis' is impressive since he came up a third baseman and has made such a great transformation. Polanco's is nasty because he plays one of the hardest positions on the field. Rawlings is taking notice and so am I.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: To Error Is Not Human!

Ah, the Greek God of Walks is finally getting the spotlight he so rightfully deserves. Good job Placido!

But seriously, Youk is the man. His power jumped a bit last season (his numbers overall did), if he can become a 20 homerun guy with his plate discipline and healthy amount of doubles, he could be a great fantasy pickup in some leagues. Despite just turning 29 last month, I still think he can improve some as his MLB experience is still relatively low.

MLB ERA

Youk hit a ground rule double against the Braves last year, which I caught. He is a very very good player and is the best hitting first basemen who doesn't hit 30 HR.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Watch, his first game at Yankee Stadium this year the official scorer is going to give him an error.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central