Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That didn't take long....

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653
    I have to believe Sanchez when he says he's going to fight the suspension...the guy hit 2 freaking home runs last year.
    Not all steroids make you bulk up; some are taken for stamina and to aid in the healing process.

AA ERA
    Who knows. Maybe this guy does have something. I'd like to think he has a case and wasn't taking them.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Rookie ERA
    Well, with 4 HRs in 1,351 career at-bats, I'd be tempted to juice up too
    Nobody lookin out for nobody
    Maybe we should try and help somebody or be somebody
    Instead of being somebody that makes the news
    So everybody can tweet about it
    And then they start to R.I.P. about it
    And four weeks later nobody even speaks about it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sprinters use steroids too, and his staple is his speed. How else is he going to keep a ML job? Only 2 guys have less homers per AB than Sanchez. Juan Pierre and Tom Glavine.

Keep in mind he was suspended for banned substances, not neccesarily steroids. It could have been other things.

MLB says all the substances they test for are controlled substances.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Well if it is true that Sanchez didn't take steroids, baseball needs to keep working on this policy. 38 minor league players were also caught. The system is working but is it right? If they are taking a legal substance that is giving a false positive, then baseball is in trouble.

AA ERA
    You know what? Sanchez should have been suspended for the year not just 10 games. I think it's too leninent to suspend a guy for 10 games. That's just me.

Also how sad is it that there were like 38 minor leaguers being caught for steroid usage.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    its sad but shows that the new policies are in fact working which is a good thing. you take the good and take the bad take them both and there you have the facts of life.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    At least the policies are catching the non-super stars.....lol....... that's just great

Rookie ERA
    You guys are acting like steroids only work on the upper body. I dont think Tim Montgomery is in trouble because his bench press has gone up.

This doesnt really surprise me at all.

Sanchez for the record will not be a star in this league until he learns that he actually has to field the ball. I mean, I'm glad he can get to it in a hurry, but catching it is something else. That and he swings too much.

BW

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    At least the policies are catching the non-super stars.....lol....... that's just great
    At least it is working.

The policy means business. Sanchez maybe nobody but if any of the "big names" are still juicing they will get nailed.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    The policy means business. Sanchez maybe nobody but if any of the "big names" are still juicing they will get nailed.
    Bullsheet, I'm not buying it. But don't worry, every time MLB has evidence that sluggers like Bonds and Giambi have used steroids I'm confident that they'll suspend Alex Sanchez for 10 more days.

This is a joke. During the season opener between the Sux and the Yank-me's ESPN interviewed Cashman and Epstein and both of them commented to the effect that baseball just wants this to go away.They're just making an example out of Sanchez; I guarantee you no big names will be suspended.

Where they are screwing up is that the media is not going to let this go and neither is the Federal Government.

Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Bullsheet, I'm not buying it. But don't worry, every time MLB has evidence that sluggers like Bonds and Giambi have used steroids I'm confident that they'll suspend Alex Sanchez for 10 more days.

This is a joke. During the season opener between the Sux and the Yank-me's ESPN interviewed Cashman and Epstein and both of them commented to the effect that baseball just wants this to go away.They're just making an example out of Sanchez; I guarantee you no big names will be suspended.

Where they are screwing up is that the media is not going to let this go and neither is the Federal Government.
    BINGO! Just look at the NCAA - Small school A gets the chair, Big School B gets a slap on the wrist. Only time Big Shool gets it's just punnishment is when too many people know about it and they have no choice.

Baseball's policy is a joke.

I will say that the penalties are a joke but I do not see a blind eye just because it is Bonds or Giambi or some other big name. In my opinion, there is a microscope on the MLB from Congress right now. Like they have nothing better to do but nonetheless it is there.

As Steak said, the first offense would buy a player a season off if I was King for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    You know what? Sanchez should have been suspended for the year not just 10 games. I think it's too leninent to suspend a guy for 10 games. That's just me.

Also how sad is it that there were like 38 minor leaguers being caught for steroid usage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast