Thread: Pedro Gomez

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Pedro Gomez

I just went to see ESPN reporter Pedro Gomez speak here at Syracuse University with a couple of my friends (giantsfan5689, ljshorty, DBSports). I was actually surprised by how interesting he was; I knew he was well-spoken but Gomez really touched on a lot of topics in baseball and had some interesting stories. He talked about how he wrote a piece blasting Curt Schilling for being a pompous ass the day of Game 7 of the 2001 World Series and some guys on the Diamondbacks shook his hand before the game. He obviously touched on Bonds and said he's come to terms that Barry will be in his obituary. I asked him about his Hall of Fame vote this year and he said he voted for Gossage, Rice, Dawson, Parker, and Trammell. He said he will not vote for anyone he suspected of using steroids. Overall I was extremely impressed with him and he seemed a very down to earth guy. My friends and I were just chatting with him about baseball and sports journalism for a good 15 minutes after the event. Great guy and I have a new respect for him now.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Re: Pedro Gomez

He really was down to earth. He was even willing to talk about how much of an honor it is for him to be able to vote for the HOF. He let us in on a little known secret (the HOF ballot is a simple xerox copy), and he gave us top secret advice on how to become sports beat writers. Pedro is an awesome guy!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Pedro Gomez

He voted for Parker? What a dumbass! I'm surprised he hasn't shot himself since ESPN has no use for now that Bonds is out of work.