Thread: Goal For 2008 Season

MLB ERA

Goal For 2008 Season

Well I've thought about this a little and I'm going to support one team in each division. This season I will be supporting the following teams:
    AL East: Tampa Bay Rays
    AL Central: Kansas City Royals
    AL West: Los Angeles Angels

NL East: Atlanta Braves
    NL Central: Pittsburgh Pirates
    NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers

If one of these teams play either of my favorite two (Braves & Angels) than I will of course be supporting them. I'm doing this because I'm a baseball fan like all of us here and instead of focusing on just one or two teams I would like to view at least one team from each division. I would also like to see more players in action just just the ones on the Braves & Angels.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Goal For 2008 Season

Picking the Royals for the AL Central huh? That is going to be one of the toughest divisions this year IMO. Cleveland was killer last year, Detroit was solid, CWS were great in the first half, and Twins will be interesting.

Interesting picks, wonder how it will play out.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Sounds like a strong idea DravenX. I like the Royals choice. If it were me picking a team to follow in each division, I would line up like this.

AL East: Rays (Crawford, Upton, Pena, Kazmir, Shields, Longoria, Price, McGee, Davis)
    AL Central: Twins (Liriano, Young, Gomez, Mauer, Morneau, Slowey)
    AL West: Rangers (Hamilton, Andrus, Young, Kinsler, Saltalamacchia, Hurley)

NL East: Nats (Kearns, Pena, Milledge, Dukes, Marrero)
    NL Central: Reds (Phillips, Dunn, Bruce, Bailey, Volquez, Cueto, Votto, Griffey, Harang)
    NL West: DBacks (Upton, Young, Hudson, Drew, Webb, Haren, Gonzalez)

MLB ERA

I picked Royals because the Royals don't have much of a fan base on this site. I hope to keep it going into each new season and pick a new team each year.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA

Myself and Killa are really the only Royals fans on this board. No offense, Draven.

MLB ERA

I know their are a few fans here but not a lot.

DravenX,
    C'mon, I know the real reason you are supporting Pittsburgh. You want them to win hoping the Braves play them in the first round, cause you know that's the only way the Braves will see the second round. Just had to throw that in there. I support underdogs as well, unless they are playing my team or it's a team that I just don't like.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    Well I've thought about this a little and I'm going to support one team in each division. This season I will be supporting the following teams:
    AL East: Tampa Bay Rays
    AL Central: Kansas City Royals
    AL West: Los Angeles Angels

NL East: Atlanta Braves
    NL Central: Pittsburgh Pirates
    NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers

If one of these teams play either of my favorite two (Braves & Angels) than I will of course be supporting them. I'm doing this because I'm a baseball fan like all of us here and instead of focusing on just one or two teams I would like to view at least one team from each division. I would also like to see more players in action just just the ones on the Braves & Angels.
    You should cheer for the Tigers man. They have some very exciting players and now we even have Miguel Cabrera.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Teams I'm going to look at, all of them But I am a sucker for the smaller market teams. I I said a couple of seasons ago that the Marlins and Rockies were going to be fun to watch and they still are. Marlins with all that young talent makes it fun to watch. They got Ramirez, Uggla, Hermida, Willingham and will now be joined Maybin and Andrew Miller. Rockies just have a great offense and a good back end of the bullpen.

Rays- They now have pitching and got rid of the troublemakers.
    Royals- New manager and Gordon,Butler are a year older. Guillen makes that lineup better.
    Nationals- They have a real OF for a change and Nick Johnson is coming back.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Obviously I love the Yankees but there are a bunch of other teams I like.

DEVIL Rays - I know they're in the same division, but they have some exciting young talent. And they are never going to be called the Rays by me until they win a WS, so expect the DEVIL for a while.
    Cardinals - I've always been a fun of them since the McGwire days of '98 (little did I know). And I love Pujols.
    Brewers - This is an exciting up-and-coming team and Gallardo is going to be real good.
    Dodgers - Joe Torre! I think their rotation will be very good with Billingsley and Penny, Lowe is a solid player, Kuroda will be decent, and I feel like Schmidt may surprise some people. As long as they don't play Juan Pierre.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Alright then, here are the teams I'll be rooting for, even if so of them have no shot in hell of winning the division:
    AL East - Tampa Bay: Whatever their name is they are so young and talented I almost have to root for them. B.J. Upton is my hero
    AL Central - Cleveland: I love Fausto Carmona
    AL West - Seattle: I have to rep the hometown
    NL East - Mets: I just feel so bad for them
    NL Central - Pittsburgh: Speaking of feeling sorry for someone
    NL West - Anybody but the giants

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Don't feel bad for the Mets, they just got Johan.

And I will be rooting for Pittsburgh as well, I like a couple of their young guys.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hey, if we did face the Braves in the playoffs, there's no way in hell we'd lose. We don't have noodle arm Bonds in LF anymore, look out Braves!

MLB ERA

I will be supporting the following teams in 2008

San Diego Padres
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I think the apocalypse would begin if the pirates managed to make it to the playoffs this year. Doesn't mean I hope they don't, its just... well... I can only name like 3 decent players on their team.