Thread: Mike Lieberthal Retires

MLB ERA

Mike Lieberthal Retires

Quote Originally Posted by MLB.com
    Catcher Mike Lieberthal has decided to retire after a 14-year big league career with the Phillies and Dodgers.

"I'm done," Lieberthal said on Saturday. "I decided a couple weeks after the season ended. If [the Dodgers] had picked up my option, I probably would have played one more year. But I didn't want to go anywhere else."

The 36-year-old Lieberthal, who grew up in nearby Westlake Village, played his first 13 seasons with Philadelphia before signing with the Dodgers last winter. He hit .274 with 150 homers and played in two All-Star Games.
    I know the name but didn't see him play much. A co-worker talked about him a few times I believe. He is a Philly fan.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM