Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which team has impressed you? Which team has not?

AA ERA
    I think Halladay has gotta be a favorite at this point. As good as Garland is, he can't keep this up. I just can't see it. I will give it to Garland, but the Cy Young could come down to Halladay or Johan. Speaking of Halladay, could you imagine the publicity he would get if he pitching for a big-market team. It bugs me to no end that Halladay never get recognition here in the States.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Rogers was 6-0 in May, he has to be considered too.

My Cy Young would go this way

Rogers
    Halladay
    Garland (whos stuggled since starting 7-0)
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    right now my fav for the Cy Young (without bias) is Halladay

tied for 1st in wins (8) and IP (85.0), leads in CG with 4, 2nd in SO's with 59 (Santana leads wit 91) 3rd in ERA with 2.54 (Rogers leads with 1.65 and Erik Bedard is 2nd with 2.08)

i like the IP stat when looking for a Cy Young winner, but wins also play big part even if you don't like that stat when voting for the Cy Young

interesting stat, Brad Radke has only walked 3 batters this season in 11 starts
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Most impressive: the Diamondbacks, the the Least impressive, the Cubs and the Astros. Guess the Astros are just too old, and the Cubs are just too fragile.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God
    right now my fav for the Cy Young (without bias) is Halladay

tied for 1st in wins (8) and IP (85.0), leads in CG with 4, 2nd in SO's with 59 (Santana leads wit 91) 3rd in ERA with 2.54 (Rogers leads with 1.65 and Erik Bedard is 2nd with 2.08)

i like the IP stat when looking for a Cy Young winner, but wins also play big part even if you don't like that stat when voting for the Cy Young

interesting stat, Brad Radke has only walked 3 batters this season in 11 starts
    Josh Towers going into a game vs the M's had 5 walks in 9 starts i think.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Like I said, I am very impressed with Texas. I wish Taylor would feel the same too.
    Why oh why do you keep assuming I hate the team, I hate the owner and GM (I've already explained why I hate the owner, BTW - Did you hear his guy is griping about attendance not being where they'd like, even though it's above last year. Typical idiot-talk, and the GM for his arrogance/hiding from the camera when things got bad, hogging the camera once things got better), love the manager when he plays manager. When the manager plays GM then my opinion changes (See Sam Narron).

When it comes to players, so long as the players play as a team I'm good with them. Not too high on Kenny Rogers because he's been making a scene in the clubhouse and still throws a fit over his demand for a multi-year deal being leaked to the public.

Hank Blalock is my hero, Tex is a gem, moreso because when he talks to Galloway about his extension he's adament about noting that Boras works for him, not the other way around. Young is incredible, love Mench/Nix w/their youthfulness and the rotation is decent (Not too fond of Astacio and Park, but at least they're with the program and trying).

I love the team we have (Except Laird should be our starting catcher) and in AA Frisco we have 2 stud pitchers that were just called up and they're both very young, when Thomas Diamond gets called us we'll have a very nice rotation going. In AAA we have Hudgins and Rodriguez both doing well and only a phone call away, don't think Hudgins has much of a future here as he's a Fuson guy, Rodriguez will be up whenever Chan Ho gets injured or Astacio goes to pitching like Astacio.

And oddly enough, when talking about Texas and it's farm club, people will say something they usually don't say "They've got pitching, they need more bats".....

The Cubs have made me quite sad...they're putting up the numbers, but they're just NOT WINNING.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    The Cubs have made me quite sad...they're putting up the numbers, but they're just NOT WINNING.
    Cubs are winning now .

Disapointing-Yankees, Indians, Tigers, A's, Cubs, Giants, Dodgers
    Surprising-Orioles, White Sox, Nationals, Brewers, D-Backs
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Back by popular demand whalberg11's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    IMpressive-Orioles, White Sox, Braves(When is this team ever going to be bad)
    Disapointing-Astros, NYY, NYM, Cubs

Disappointing: Braves. You know why? Because we can't close out games for shit.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Back by popular demand whalberg11's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    if i were you i wouldnt give a crap....1st place is all that matters

Rookie ERA
    The team that's been surprising for me is the Orioles. Finally the AL East is no longer a two team division. They've got a nice young pitching staff and a killer offense and the leading their division over the Yankees and Sox which no one expected them to do so kudos to them. Another team is the Diamondbacks. Way to regroup after losing 100 games.

A team that's been disappointing...I'll start of course with my Yankees. We just got swept by Kansas City and things are looking pretty bleak right now. 200 million dollar payroll and a record barely over .500 is a joke and it's pathetic and it's undefendable.
    Another team that's been disappointing is the Cubs. It's just sad how injuries have plagued them, of course Prior especially. It looks like they're starting to turn things around though, so keep ya heads up Cubs fans.

MLB ERA
    the Padres, White Sox, Orioles hehe lol my D-Backs :p

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss November
    The team that's been surprising for me is the Orioles.
    When you look at the injuries the Orioles have, they are doing a good job staying afloat by winning. It helps that Boston and NY has not played well in the last two weeks. That's a credit to the players and the coaching staff over there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12