Thread: Canseco writing a sequel to 'Juiced'.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Canseco writing a sequel to 'Juiced'.

12/30/2007 1:44 PM ET
    Reports: Canseco has deal for sequel

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- One-time big league slugger Jose Canseco will name more names in a sequel to his 2005 steroid memoir "Juiced," according to published reports Sunday.

The new book, with the working title "Vindicated," will arrive in bookstores on Opening Day 2008, Canseco's lawyer Robert Saunooke told the New York Post and the Daily News.

Saunooke said the book would accuse ballplayers not named in former Sen. George Mitchell's report of using performance-enhancing drugs.

"We had hoped that the Mitchell Report would have been more revealing," Saunooke said. "It basically ended up being nothing more than (Mitchell saying), 'I talked to a lot of people, some wouldn't talk to me and it's up to the commissioner.'"

Canseco tried to get into the Dec. 13 New York news conference where the Mitchell Report was released, but was barred by Major League Baseball officials who said it was a "media only" event.

He later told Fox Business Network, "I saw the list of players, and there are definitely a lot of players missing."

Saunooke would not say which current or former Major Leaguers would be identified as steroid users in the new book.

The book will be co-written by former Sports Illustrated reporter Don Yaeger; the Post said the publisher would be Penguin Books.

Canseco was one of the first ballplayers to admit using steroids in "Juiced."

There, he gave specific names of other players who allegedly used, including former Oakland A's teammate Mark McGwire. McGwire has denied using steroids.

The Official Site of Major League Baseball: News: Major League Baseball News

MLB ERA

Re: Canseco writing a sequel to 'Juiced'.

Canseco just needs to vanish like McGuire did.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Why? Canseco is the reason Congress called baseball in for hearings which led to more testing. Never thought I would say it but Canseco has done good for baseball. Not to mention he was right about guys like Clemens and Palmeiro.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Move on Jose. Get over yourself, you crybaby.

MLB ERA

I did not buy or read Juiced nor will I buy or read the sequel. Jose Canseco may have gotten Congress' attention, but he has not done anything to make baseball "better" in writing these books. It is tabloid journalism taken to a higher stage, IMO.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

good point catman. besides that he is bitter with baseball and everything else. this is his way of stirring the pot too. a little revenge towards the greatest game on earth.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The article I read had a bunch of quotes from him. He called himself "the granddaddy of steroids" and talked about how he wasn't ashamed about the fact that he was one of the first ones to bring steroids into the game. He was also very mad that A-Rod wasn't on the list...no doubt there'll be something about that in the next book.