Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arod and Boras not talking

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Arod and Boras not talking

Alex Rodriguez said during an interview with 60 Minutes that he and agent Scott Boras are not speaking to each other.
    Rodriguez indicated that he's upset over the way Boras handled negotiations with the Yankees. "The whole situation saddens me a little bit," Rodriguez said. "There hasn't been much back-and-forth talking. When I realized things were going haywire, at that point I said wait a minute I've got to be accountable for my own life. This is not going the way I wanted it to go, so I got behind the wheel."
    Could Boras be losing his biggest paycheck? I think it would be great fro Arod's image if he did fire Boras. NY might take it just a tad bit easier on Arod. Kenny Rogers fired Boras earlier this offseason so Boras might be in deep shit here soon.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Arod and Boras not talking

not sure how much it affects his bottom line since the baseball contract is done, and I'm sure most of his endorsement deals are long term ones so boras probably wouldnt be making much money with Arod for awhile.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

Scott Boras in deep shit? Hahahaha, please.

A-Rod's not going to dump Boras because of one moment, when Boras got A-Rod 600 million dollars.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Are you trying to say ARod is somehow loyal?

MLB ERA

... yes? That's about what I'm getting at.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Good for A-Rod!!!!

These big time agents are no good for sports, that is just my opinion!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

How has Arod shown loyalty?

MLB ERA

He's spent the entire time in New York saying how much he wants to be there, how much he wants to stay. Every time someone asked him about opting out and leaving, he said he wanted to stay in New York. When he did opt out, his first choice remained the Yankees. He spoke directly to the Yankees about his desire to come back.

How has he not?

And it's not big time agents that are damaging sports, it's the idiotic GMs and owners who cave to their every demands, like that jackass who ran the Rangers and gave A-Rod 252/10 when nobody else was offering more than like 180.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Are you kidding me? He opted out of his contract during the WS making the Yankees forfeit the $20 mil they got from the Rangers. He only went crawling back when he realized no one else was going to give him his $30 mil a year. If he were loyal, he wouldn't have opted out or asked for a trade from the Rangers.

MLB ERA

opting out was the intelligent, beneficial move. If by "loyalty" you mean "disobedient to smart moves," then I can't name many loyal players.

A-Rod never asked to be traded from the Rangers; they initiated talks with other teams.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Are you kidding me? He opted out of his contract during the WS making the Yankees forfeit the $20 mil they got from the Rangers. He only went crawling back when he realized no one else was going to give him his $30 mil a year. If he were loyal, he wouldn't have opted out or asked for a trade from the Rangers.
    eh, loyalty is a two way street. besides, as I said i dont think its much of a big deal right now. They dont need to talk to each other now that the deal is finalized.

They are both professional, and in business, thats probably just as important as loyalty because things can still happen that way.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Opting out was the smart move for him but showed zero loyalty to the Yankees. If he truly wanted to be a Yankee, he wouldn't have opted out and would have reworked a contract. AH did neither and yes Arod wanted to be traded from the Rangers. Loyalty is loyalty. Jake Peavy could have gone out and got more money but showed his loyalty to his team and signed for less than market value. That's loyalty. Arod in his career has shown zero.

MLB ERA

A-Rod wanted out of Texas but he never went public with it and never approached management asking for a trade.

And, am I mistaken, or is not wanting to leave a team, wanting to stay there, wanting to be there in spite of all the shit you've been getting by the city, the manager, the GM, the owner - that's not loyalty?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Not when they are the only team willing to sign you. No other team was willing to put up the $30mil/yr. Crawling back with your leg in between your legs to a team that you just cost $20 mil is ballsy but not loyal. The only way he could have shown he was loyal was to not opt out and restructure his contract. Throughout the whole season Arod left opted out an option. If he were loyal, he would have nipped that in the bud in spring training. And Arod didn't make it a secret that he wanted out of Texas and my memory has it that he did approach Hicks for a trade and did want to go to Boston.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The only way he could have shown he was loyal was to not opt out and restructure his contract.
    The ONLY way? That's a ridiculous, overly narrow idea of "loyalty."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast