Thread: A-rod Will Hit 1,000 HR's

MLB ERA

A-rod Will Hit 1,000 HR's

According to Sadaharu Oh...

Japanese baseball legend Sadaharu Oh believes his lifetime home-run record of 868 is doomed to be broken by New York Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez.

"I think A-Rod will eventually hit his 1,000th," the 67-year-old Oh said. "Technically, he is already capable of doing so and he has been free from injuries. I hope he will set his goal that high and challenge it."

The Yankee third baseman has cracked 518 home runs since 1995, this year becoming the youngest player ever to hit 500 -- at the age of 32 years and eight days.

"My record will be broken as a matter of course. But Japanese players may not break it for some time as none is close," Oh said when he was honoured by the Foreign Sportswriters' Association of Japan Monday for his lifetime achievement.

Oh said he could also be overtaken by the controversial Barry Bonds, who surpassed Hank Aaron's 33-year Major League home-run record of 755 this year and now stands with 762. Bonds was indicted last month for allegedly lying about steroid use.

"He may be advanced in age but he is quite physically fit," Oh said of the 43-year-old Bonds.

Oh, manager of the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks since 1995, has long admitted his mark cannot be compared to achievements in US Major League Baseball because the level of the US game is higher and US ballparks are bigger.

"No one thinks that my record is the world's number-one," he had said when Bonds cracked his 756th home-run on August 7, 30 years after Oh reached the mark. "I should have at least played on the same (sumo) ring with Bonds."

At home, the active player who is the closest to Oh's mark is 40-year-old Orix Buffalo Kazuhiro Kiyohara at 525.
    AFP: Japanese baseball player expects A-Rod to surpass his home-run record
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: A-rod Will Hit 1,000 HR's

Unlikely! A-Rod's not going to be playing until he's 46 or 47 which is what it would take, and Bonds is a free agent and it's likely that no team will touch him. The chances that A-Rod hits 1,000 HR are slimmer than the chances of love_that_reefer giving up marijuana for the rest of his life, i.e. ZERO.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

1000 homers in BP maybe

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Dirty's got a point. I'm been successful in life with pot. Can't imagine being more successful without it

MLB ERA

Reefer, how old were you when you first smoked?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

16. I was a late bloomer as far as our high school went. Didn't become a hardcore smoker until college. Everyone on the baseball team smoked so it was pretty awesome. I have since went on to own/run a bar for 6 months and am about to buy a golf range All at the age of 26 so i got plenty of time to quit

MLB ERA

Thats hillarious...I'm pretty proud of myself, I've never smoked/drinken once! Its pretty rare to find someone my age that hasn't done that.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hey its not for everyone. If you haven't done it yet, no need to start.

MLB ERA

Do you regret it?

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No, it really never affected my life. It's nice escaping reality every now and then. keeps you sane and open minded or at least it does for me. i was always a hyper-active, anxious person so it keeps me level headed. I not the typical stoner that just sits around not doing anything but play video games and eat junk food. The only reason I have been online so much is that I have had three knee surgeries in three months, go to rehab then sit in bed in pain

MLB ERA

Thats ****ing priceless.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM