Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jimmy Rollins = NL MVP

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Re: Jimmy Rollins = NL MVP

He deserves it. He was awesome from the start of the year. He jump started the Phillies.

I have no problems with that choice, I always felt he was the sleeper in the race for NL MVP anyways. Props to Jimmy.

I just like the way he has matured as a person as well. He seems to have really grown up and turned into a neat guy.

MLB ERA

i personally think holliday should have gotten it, but in reality my boy D Wright was more deserving than rollins. yes, wright's team collapsed, but he hit well over .290 throughout the month of september, and over .300 in the games against the phillies. David had very comparable if not better numbers than rollins, AND rollins made 130+ more outs. Now, not many people look at outs, but in a pennant race decided by 1 game, those 130 outs could have been huge.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Holliday should have won...the fact that he got punished because he had good, but not as great as home, stats on the road is ridiculous. It's not like he hit .250 away from Coors.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Holliday should have won...the fact that he got punished because he had good, but not as great as home, stats on the road is ridiculous. It's not like he hit .250 away from Coors.
    No one is discounting his road production, but when you compare his home and road splits there is a hug different in production there, compare to Rollins.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pretty sure Rollins hit .296. Holliday led the NL in hits, BA and RBI.
    Rollins had a season that hasn't been done before. Yahoo has him at .291 BTW.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yahoo is wrong then. Might want to send them an email. Rollins has had a season we have seen before becuase Granderson did what Rollins did and like Granderson, he wasn't the MVP on his own team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12