Thread: It's Official Torre to Manage Dodgers

MLB ERA

Re: It's Official Toree to Manage Dodgers

Good move for the Dodgers. Though I hope he does not bring any of his Yankees here :P

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: It's Official Torre to Manage Dodgers

Congratulations Torre and Dodgers. First step in the right direction? First step leading to an A-Rod deal?

Right now, this team has some really good young talent and it will be very interesting to see how Torre handles this new situation. Is he still one of the best managers in the game? Now that the pressure is off, will he be more comfortable to get the job done as he used to?

This is a good place for Torre. I can't wait to see how he does in LA, it's going to be a true measuring stick. The Dodgers have a pretty good team, and have been underachieving. Now we'll see how good he is without the benefit of a $220 million payroll.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Torre didn't need a $200 million payroll to win his four titles so we already know what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Torre didn't need a $200 million payroll to win his four titles so we already know what he can do.
    Nope, but he inherited the best team in baseball. He never won a thing prior to coming to the Yankees. You may "know" what he can do, but he has proven nothing to me, other than that he was good at defusing Steinbrenner's B.S. (quite a task, I will add) Now he gets the chance to prove his worth. Time will tell!!!!!!!!!!