4 66.67%
  • I'm absolutley disgusted with this era

2 33.33%
  • Don't Care

0 0%

Thread: How lucky are we? Or Are We?

MLB ERA

How lucky are we? Or Are We?

I just wanted to take this time and point out how lucky we are to be die hard baseball fans in this life time. I mean lets take a look at all the history that has just happened lately, 10 RBI's in one game, 30 runs in one game, home run record being broken and we could possibly see it broken again in this life time, Bobby Jenk's almost record breaking 41 consecutive outs. Boston coming back from a 3-0 deficet in the ALCS that kills me but it was amazing. I mean I am just naming a few things off that has happened lately. I didnt even mention alot of history that has happened in the years before this. Just think we could see the home run record be broken again I mean how often does that happen? The one record I really really hope to get broken is the 56 game hit streak. What about you guys though I mean don't you think its amazing? Also what other records do you guys wish to see you broken? There is always going to be a cloud above this era though and I don't need to point it out because I hate talking about it but its kind of sad to think that alot of players are using it and we don't even know it, . What do you guys say though are you greatful to live in this era because of all this history beeing made or are you ashamed because of all the juice that is being thrown around?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: How lucky are we? Or Are We?

Wish I was back when baseball was pure, early 1900s, or even the 50s and 60s.

Not sure I like a glut of runs with total specialization.

Not saying I don't love baseball either. This era's about an A-, opthers were better IMO.

But I still love baseball.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Early 1900's? How boring can you get? I would have loved to been able to grow up watching the Mays, Mantle's and Gibson's. Great era and no DH

MLB ERA

Yes, that would have been the ideal era to live in. Especially cause the Yankees dominated then, well they still do.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Boatloads of info, highlights on demand, the best statistical analysis to date, what else could I want?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Yes, that would have been the ideal era to live in. Especially cause the Yankees dominated then, well they still do.
    Sorry but the Yankees haven't dominated anything since 2000. You know what, I'll let you have the East. The Yankees dominate the East,

MLB ERA

I know I know it was just a joke but yes we do own the East but it doesn't look like we will this year. Although its funny for people to say since 200 cause thats not very long unless your talking about the Yankees, I mean look at the Mets they haven't won since 1986, now thats a long time.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Try 1954 for my team

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: How lucky are we? Or Are We?

It certainly been a a weird week for these stats. Fun to watch, but for the poll choice, I am grateful to live in this era, but I just wish the greed didn't put such doubt in the fans mind of the purity of the game. I love the baseball, but I definitely have questions unanswered in my mind.

But it has been a fun last week seeing and watching all of these crazy numbers being posted by the teams and players.