Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim McCarver needs to retire

AA ERA

Tim McCarver needs to retire

I was hoping Tim would call it quits after last year, but he is still here. I am dissapointed. I hope FOX Sports tells Tim to retire after this season. Tim has lost his fastball. His performance in the World Series last year was horrible. He did not say anything insightful. Better yet, he said nothing in last year's World Series. He just seemed sad. Normally, you would get insights from him and he would keep babbling a lot. I just loved listening to him as a kid. I learned a lot about baseball from him. Now I just think he is apathetic and he has grown old. He adds zero insights.

I just think it's time for him to go away. He is not what he used to be

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I'll never forget seeing highlights of him and Deion Sanders going at.

After Deion douced McCarver with a bucket of water, McCarver said "You're a real man, Deion."

I'll take McCarver over Michael "SEE YA!!! SEE YA!! SEE YA!!!" Kay any day of the week.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

ERA
    Call NASA
    I have always felt that McCarver was a total waste as a broadcaster. He couldn't sniff Michael Kays jock strap.

OK, Joek, I know you want to sniff his jock, no need to have Tim do it.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    I'll never forget seeing highlights of him and Deion Sanders going at.

After Deion douced McCarver with a bucket of water, McCarver said "You're a real man, Deion."
    That was funny. I wish I saw it though. I was sleeping at the time it happened. I read about it the next day.

Deion threw a bucket of water at Tim because Tim questioned why Deion would go play for the Falcons the same day the Braves were playing in the NLCS game against the Pirates. Deion actually played football and baseball the same day and Tim McCarver did not like it. Who is Tim McCarver to go question what Deion did? More power to Deion if he can do the both the same day.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    I'll take McCarver over Michael "SEE YA!!! SEE YA!! SEE YA!!!" Kay any day of the week.
    Michael Kay is an idiot. The worse sports broadcaster in sports history and he is even lousy on the radio.

See? This guy knows his broadcasters.

MLB ERA
    At least he isn't Joe Morgan.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Nobody is worse than Steve Lyon. This guy thinks he was god's gift to baseball. He sucks and almost everything he says is wrong. And you ask who McCarver is to question Deion? Are you ****ing kidding me? Deion couldn't hold McCarver's dick when it comes to baseball. I bet Tim could rap better than Deion too.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I hope you don't have that much time on your hands river.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    I hope you don't have that much time on your hands river.
    LOL, it's not my site. I just accidentally found it one day and bookmarked it and use it occasionally when the Tim McCarver slamming gets good. There is actually another one too but I didn't mark it, maybe I should. :p
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    See? This guy knows his broadcasters.
    I have no idea who stinks more. Michael Kay or White Sox announcer/clown Ken Harrelson. Ken Harrelson is a freaking loser. He always bash the Twins a lot. He even challenged Twins first baseman Kent Hrbek to a fight many years ago and when Hrbek was ready to punch him, Ken wisely walked away. If you ever watch this buffoon, you would know what I mean. He says lot of stupid stuff. Him saying "HE GONE!" after a White Sox pitcher strike out the batter is lame.

I am all for homerism, but this Harrelson guy takes it too extremes.

Kay is just a jagoff. All he does is go rip every team in MLB. I have no idea what the Twins ever do to make him hate them. He always takes a dig at them all the time. This same loser once called for the Twins to be contracted.
    If you notice, Jim Kaat and Paul O'Neil take subtle shots at Kay in his face.

If you think Kay is bad on TV, he is even worse on sports radio. His radio show used to be good, but nowadays, it has gotten lame.

Bob Raissman, the fine TV critice of the NY Daily News, takes shot at Kay all the time in his column. It's well-deserved. For Kay to act like a victim is funny because he brings it upon himself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast