Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim McCarver needs to retire

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    And you ask who McCarver is to question Deion? Are you ****ing kidding me? Deion couldn't hold McCarver's dick when it comes to baseball. I bet Tim could rap better than Deion too.
    I don't like Deion Sanders, but with that said, I think it was lame of Tim to question Deion's committment to the Braves while he was playing for the Falcons on a Sunday in which the Braves were playing in the NLCS that day years ago. Deion actually played a football game and the NLCS on the same day. What is there to complain about? Plus Deion actually had a good game that day where he played for the Falcons in the afternoon and then with the Braves at night in Pittsburgh.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I hate Rick Rizzs

I realllllllly reallllllly hate

Rick Rizzs.

The worst Play-By-Play....EVER...
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA
    I have no problem w/ McCarver. Just about everyone I know hates him but I actually like him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    "If you notice, Jim Kaat and Paul O'Neil take subtle shots at Kay in his face."

Kaat does, I think O'Neill jokes around with Kay too much. They both should be taken off the air. Give me Kaat, Justice and Singleton every game. Kaat is... ****ing genius. Singleton is very good, and while Justice can be the master of the obvious at times, I think he does bring a bit of insight to the booth. He's no Joe Girardi, but Joe is gonna be a manager soon, so he can't very well be in the booth.

Hammer's right. I thought I was the only one who appreciated Singleton.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    "If you notice, Jim Kaat and Paul O'Neil take subtle shots at Kay in his face."

Kaat does, I think O'Neill jokes around with Kay too much. They both should be taken off the air. Give me Kaat, Justice and Singleton every game. Kaat is... ****ing genius. Singleton is very good, and while Justice can be the master of the obvious at times, I think he does bring a bit of insight to the booth. He's no Joe Girardi, but Joe is gonna be a manager soon, so he can't very well be in the booth.
    Kaat and Singletom are great, I love when they are in the booth together and Kay has the night off.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I don't like Deion Sanders, but with that said, I think it was lame of Tim to question Deion's committment to the Braves while he was playing for the Falcons on a Sunday in which the Braves were playing in the NLCS that day years ago. Deion actually played a football game and the NLCS on the same day. What is there to complain about? Plus Deion actually had a good game that day where he played for the Falcons in the afternoon and then with the Braves at night in Pittsburgh.
    There is the complaint that Deion was being paid by the Braves to play in a MEANINGFUL game. He owed to his team to be in the best shape that he could have been. Deion did it and he got away with it. To say Tim didn't have a point is silly.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I have no problem w/ McCarver. Just about everyone I know hates him but I actually like him.
    I like McCarver over the years, but right now he just lost it altogether. He did not say anything in the World Series last year and he sure did not seem interested either hence why I wrote this thread that it maybe time to call it quits. He basically says nothing insightful either nowadays. McCarver is not what he used to be.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    Kaat should do the PBP. Why not? He would be an upgrade over Kay for sure. I don't believe that analysts or former players should not be PBP guys. Duane Kiper and Ken Harrelson were players and they do PBP. I am sure Kaat would be fine. It's wishful thinking though. YES loves a shill and Kay fits that category.

Justice has gotten real bad on YES. He was awesome on ESPN, but for whatever reason, he just stinks on YES.

You ought to read Bob Raissman's column in the Daily News. He constantly rips the Yankees broadcasting team almost every column he writes.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    You ought to read Bob Raissman's column in the Daily News. He constantly rips the Yankees broadcasting team almost every column he writes.
    One problem with Raissman is that he is a no witted dim wit with little to nothing to say of value at any time.

AA ERA
    Raissman is interesting to read, but I think he has an agenda on lot of people. His attacks on Charley Steiner in his time with the Yankees was uncalled for. At times, it got personal when it came to Charley. Charley had his rough edges working with Sterling, but for Raissman to just go attack Charley personally was uncalled for. Another guy who is a dimwit is Phil Mushnick of the NY Daily News. He just hates everyone.

ERA
    Call NASA
    These guys have to write crap like that to help sell papers and make themselves controversial. So when the paper gets mail from the readers in droves, the editors love it. Most of whom are no witted dimwits as it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12