Thread: K-Rod

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

K-Rod

K-Rod has a 95-mph fastball, yet has fallen in love with his breaking pitches and changeup, and I listened to at least one local radio guy said that was why he blew the three run lead in yesterday's game. Then there is K-Rod's knee-jerk delivery of his pitches that the Angels' coaching staff ought to worry about.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: K-Rod

it's not just his delivery that out of whack...look at his position when he comes to the set. He's off on a 45 degree angle instead of coming set facing 3rd base...I don't see how he could ever make a pick-off throw like that and wouldn't doubt if that "forced" him to deliver the ball like that. His control was way off in general whether he was throwing fastballs or not. You could see in the ASG that he was overthrowing by the way he was performing pirouettes after each pitch.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

You're allowed to fall in love with your breaking pitch when his slider has as much movement as it does, but there is really no reason for him to have a changeup unless it's damn near perfect...his stuff is filthy enough as it as, hopefully (for him) he will learn how to use it as he matures as a pitcher.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think the guy just needs to get himself in check. Obviously I don't watch the Angels on a daily basis, but being more like a quiet storm, someone who can harness the talent he obviously has without getting too psyched up and overthrowing, keeping his control together, etc and you're talking about brilliance like we saw when he first made his debut.