Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: S3F High-Heat Matchup: Tigers vs Braves (6/24, ESPN, 8 PM EST)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: S3F High-Heat Matchup: Tigers vs Braves (6/24, ESPN, 8 PM EST)

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    I think it starts with the organization, look at teams like the Braves for instance, they are taught how to hit (as much as is possible) in the minors and it shows. Look at Matt Belisle on the Reds, an ex-Braves farmhand, he takes the most true hitter like cuts of our staff by quite a bit IMO.

That is very true as well. Something we have to think about. Too bad we just have to deal with a boat load of other garbage where wanting a pitcher to learn to hit is the least of our worries. We are still concerned with a manager thinking our backup infielder is Ted Williams.

I should be complaining even more about Castro, but that still doesn't start to address the culprit of our concerns. So it is hard for me to think that deeply and expect an organization to help themselves out in ways like this.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Morgan is so incredibly boring, he just restated something Griffey said a minute later in such a similar tone I could of swore my TV was ****ing up and re-playing the last minute of the broadcast.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Not having much experience in seeing such a young pitcher get brought up, I can't help but remember how great Ryan Wagner was for the Reds after getting called up right after being drafted.

Miller came a bit later, but it is something that draws concerns. He has looked extremely good this season, but I can't help but wonder if it will last and if it may do more harm than good to call him up so soon.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I should be complaining even more about Castro, but that still doesn't start to address the culprit of our concerns. So it is hard for me to think that deeply and expect an organization to help themselves out in ways like this.
    I was talking to Fisher on AIM a few nights ago about the Reds and Krivsky in particular, I really believe most of his "genius" moves are more luck than anything. I wanted guys like Phillips and Hamilton when they were available for practically nothing, big talent young players for nothing is quite an easy way to possibly get some studs and if not... no harm. The bottom line is, we let Brendan Harris go to the Devil Rays for nothing, the Brendan Harris who has an .800 OPs, for our beloved Castro who never hits (or barely does), has limited range and for some reason we choose to sign him or trade back for him versus calling up a AAA scrub for virtually nothing. I don't understand that love affair, and it persists no matter who the GM or manager is.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Morgan is so incredibly boring, he just restated something Griffey said a minute later in such a similar tone I could of swore my TV was ****ing up and re-playing the last minute of the broadcast.
    typical morgan.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Frenchy to Salty! Beautiful!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

man, doesnt anyone know that running on francouer is death?
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Not having much experience in seeing such a young pitcher get brought up, I can't help but remember how great Ryan Wagner was for the Reds after getting called up right after being drafted.

Miller came a bit later, but it is something that draws concerns. He has looked extremely good this season, but I can't help but wonder if it will last and if it may do more harm than good to call him up so soon.
    It's different scenarios, Wagner had such a horrible delivery, injury in waiting, and he had obvious head problems. The Reds drafted him with the intent of changing his delivery, which they did at times, and it would just cause him to lose effectiveness. Miller, especially if he adds more to his frame, should be a durable pitcher by everything I can see. And an effective one if he keeps developing his pitches beyond his slider.

MLB ERA

I'm out everybody- got company coming. Have a good week and Go A's!!!

MLB ERA

What a play by the Braves!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I was talking to Fisher on AIM a few nights ago about the Reds and Krivsky in particular, I really believe most of his "genius" moves are more luck than anything. I wanted guys like Phillips and Hamilton when they were available for practically nothing, big talent young players for nothing is quite an easy way to possibly get some studs and if not... no harm. The bottom line is, we let Brendan Harris go to the Devil Rays for nothing, the Brendan Harris who has an .800 OPs, for our beloved Castro who never hits (or barely does), has limited range and for some reason we choose to sign him or trade back for him versus calling up a AAA scrub for virtually nothing. I don't understand that love affair, and it persists no matter who the GM or manager is.

Yep, I have no idea how the circle was created in this love affair, but Castro is a golden boy (no pun intended "golden hands") and he has no faults. The guy just doens't deserve to be on a ML roster anymore.

4-0 Tigers

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard View Post
    I'm out everybody- got company coming. Have a good week and Go A's!!!

Later bro! Hopefully you had a decent fantasy night.

MLB ERA

Nice job by Miller. The bullpen just needs to seal the deal.

Chad Durbin is up on the mound

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast