Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clemens, The Shit Is Old!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Clemens, The Shit Is Old!!!

Roger Clemens need to cut this immature bullshit and makeup his mind. He has ****ed around the past two years with the Astros on whether or not to play or not and its old. He didn't pitched til June last year which didn't help anyone. If you are going to pitch, start in the spring like everyone else. You shouldn't get a free ride just because you are the greatest living pitcher. Its sounds weird to say that ut what signal are you sending out there. I could care less about you playing closer to your family. It doesn't matter as all you want is the money. Make up your ****ing mind so I don't have to hear anymore about it!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    he's been on the fence since 2003 saying he would retire each season...I am beyond tired of the routine.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I second and third that idea!!! I said basically the same thing in the Yankees Rambling thread!!! Get over yourself CLemens and be a teammate thru thick and thin, travel with the mates, go to S.T., or become retired for the what 4th time. I lost count.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He's baseball's Brett Favre.
    Although worse, because Clemens did say that he was going to retire. But the guessing game part is similar.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think though the difference between the two is Roger often plays the waiting game longer than needed for simply business reasons. Farve goes through the motions, but seems to be an emotional fella. Where as Clemens is mulling more time on the golf course and with the family, or how the market is playing and will it be worth his time to come back. I can't say I blame him for doing that as it only makes sense from a financial standpoint, then again I am not waiting with great patience for Rocket's return either.

We all know we'll enjoy watching him pitch this year (at least most of us), so I am trying not to get into the drama that he and the media has created every offseason for quite some time, as Prov mentioned.

MLB ERA
    I would like to see him pitch but he needs to make up his mind and start in ST. If not, than just retire.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Free agent Roger Clemens said Wednesday that he doesn't see himself returning to the mound in May.
    Clemens has been throwing batting practice to Astros minor leaguers, but he's not getting ready for an early-season return. "None of the teams are interested in seeing me before May, and that's great," he said. "I don't have an interest in playing right now in May." While Clemens isn't likely to announce anything anytime soon, he doesn't sound like someone who is leaning toward retirement. "I'm failing at retirement," he said. "Let's just face it. I'm failing miserably at it." Clemens will consider the Astros, Red Sox and Yankees once he decides on returning.
    Well, can't say it's not surprising.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Some old people are pretty good. He's like the modern Nolan Ryan, I bet you'd say he's the greatest pitcher ever if he goes to your team and start pitching like a monster.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Nolan Ryan showed up for Spring Training. Clemens is acting like a *****!!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Listen, as much as it would be nice to see him back on the Yankees I am tired of this as well. Make up your mind already, you're not the only one with a family. And I hate how he thinks he can choose to play parts of a season. Do it all or don't play.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    I stopped paying attention a long time ago.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653
    Listen, as much as it would be nice to see him back on the Yankees I am tired of this as well. Make up your mind already, you're not the only one with a family. And I hate how he thinks he can choose to play parts of a season. Do it all or don't play.
    He'll continue to do it because he knows that the Red Sox, Yanks, and Astros not to mention others will let him do it. The guy can still pitch, lets see him throw a 4.00 ERA up there and see if teams are still willing to give him the leniacy to do this.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653
    And I hate how he thinks he can choose to play parts of a season.
    As evidenced by last season... he can choose to do this. He's not thinking "I should be able to skip parts of the season," he is being given the privilege to skip parts of the season. I'd do that, too, **** playing in May.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Just think if he did play in May. He might have gotten to play in October. He is not thinking about anyone but himself.

MLB ERA
    Or he'd break down in August and September and they'd miss the playoffs anyway.

Of course he's only thinking about himself, he's a pitcher who's won a few World Serieses, he's won 7 Cy Youngs, he's got an MVP award, he's guaranteed a Hall of Fame bid, he has nothing to worry about except himself and his family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast