Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clemens, The Shit Is Old!!!

MLB ERA
    BF19- What Clemens does is not right I agree with you, the best analogy I can give you is suppose someone is hella good at sales and he's just a jerk, but the owners lets him make his own schedule and do almost anything he wants because he produces. Its unfortunate, but it is what it is.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    clearly, it's about the money though and not the "love of the game" because otherwise he wouldn't need the $18 mil to "lure him" back. He keeps saying it's just about winning at this stage in his career. If that were the case, then give Houston a home town discount so they can improve the team in other areas as they need to. If it were just about winning and the love of the game, then that's what he'd do. I'm not saying play for free obviously, but c'mon...it's not like he needs the money

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    He keeps saying it's just about winning at this stage in his career. If that were the case, then give Houston a home town discount so they can improve the team in other areas as they need to. If it were just about winning and the love of the game, then that's what he'd do. I'm not saying play for free obviously, but c'mon...it's not like he needs the money
    Such is the professional athlete.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

First of all, I didnt say that Clemens isn't a hard worker. He may be one of the most fiercest competitors alive! I am just saying, if you play, you play. That means you go to ST, travel on the road with your teammates, everythig else that is expected by the rest of the organization. Too many "special" exceptions in today's world IMO. That is all I am saying and I agree with the analog Giantsfan. Still doesn't make it right and eventually, that act gets old. I have no problem with Clemens playing, he is still on of the top pitchers in baseball, but either play by the rules everyone else has to play by or stay retired. I heard the Yankees were considering lifting the ban of traveling with the team for Clemens. I am not a Yankee fan by any means,but I dorespect them, cause they stick to their rules that have made them the success they are today!

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I am just saying, if you play, you play. That means you go to ST, travel on the road with your teammates, everythig else that is expected by the rest of the organization.
    I think most of us are agreed on that, but still, he's given the cake and can eat it too... and get paid a lot for it.

MLB ERA
    Has he ever been on a WS team? If not, than I would be about winning also at his age. Trying to decide which team has the best shot to get to the Series.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    he won a World Series with the Yankees...that was why he wanted to sign with them after he left Toronto.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Hey Sound, that is my point, he should NOT be able to get his cake and eat too!!!! That is whole problem with this situation he was granted by the Astros. They set a precident and now he is going to expect it with every and what is worse teams are willing to do it. It just opened a can of worms that the owners are going to regret in the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123