Thread: Justin Morneau is going to be a special player

AA ERA

Justin Morneau is going to be a special player

Obviously, ESPN is never going to tell you how good he is since they make it a point not to talk about the Twins or show the highlights so I am going to tell you about Justin Morneau. I think most posters here know he is a good player and that he is going to be a special player in the majors. I watch this guy daily and I am just amazed at what he does out there. He was a huge reason why the Twins won the division as he became a huge component of that offense. He is like a magician when he has the bat. You know the saying about how you expect good things to happen when the best player are on center stage. Justin Morneau is that player. He will get the big hit when he is out there and I know he will come through. He never puts me down. He finds a way to get it done. You always need that big bopper come playoff time and the Twins have that in Justin Morneau hence why I think this year's playoff run could be different. Justin Morneau is a hard out for pitchers.

I think he will be a superstar and a household name in due time. He will be up there with the big boys like Ichiro, Vladmir Guerrero, Carlos Beltran, and other rising young sluggers in this league. As a Twins fan, I am certainly lucky to watch him daily just like how I am luck to watch Johan every fifth day.

Rookie ERA
    The coach of the Coquitlam Reds also coaches the BC provincial team. Back when Morneau was about to be drafted he said something about him hitting more homeruns than Larry Walker (played for the Reds) did at that age or that he was better than Walker was at that age at some aspect of hitting. I can't remember which it was. Since he was that good back then and hasn't lost a step since, yeah... I'd say he's got a pretty promising future.
    I know he didn't miss many games, but I wish he never got plunked in the head at the beginning of the year.