Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HOF: Ripken, Gwynn in; McGwire, Canseco out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    Porter99 slipped his vote in for Buhner while no one was watching.

People wasn't supposed to know that. DOH.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    I use to watch Jay when I was younger living in CA. He was decent but not HoF material.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    No disrespect to Gywnn, he was one of my favorite players in baseball to watch. But all due respect towards Tony, Ripken is the better ball player. He play a more demanding position(s) than did Gywnn and he was a better power hitter and run producer. Gywnn definitely was the better hitter and ultimate team leader as well as Ripken was!!! They are both very deserving of the Hall!!!! I am happy that both are in the Hall, they were both great role-model figures for the fans, especially the children to look up to. Remember this is based on my opinion. Not trying to start a debate here folks.

Yup!Thats a pic of Rickey websoulsurfer's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    6 votes for Canseco, that's less than Albert Belle.
    Since you have to get 5% to continue to be on the ballot that is it for Canseco.

Unfortunately it is also it for Orel Hershiser, who had the best streak by a pitcher ever.

Yup!Thats a pic of Rickey websoulsurfer's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Conception's OPS was noticeably below .700...let's get real.

And I want Rice in too. From what I have read/heard/etc., there were very few (if any) players as feared as Jim Rice in his prime. He took an OOTP Fall (34, and then he lost all his talent points), but seriously, there's no one above him in MVP Shares except Dave Parker who is eligible.
    Dale Murphy had two MVP and a higher number of years in the top ten MVP votes.

Concepcion was among the best fielders ever at his position, certainly comparable to Ozzie Smith, and he had a higher OPS than Ozzie Smith. So why is the Wizard in and Concepcion out?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234