Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOF: Ripken, Gwynn in; McGwire, Canseco out.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA
    Congrats to Cal and Tony.

Boo to the writer named Ladewski who stated that he will not vote for anyone who played between 1993 and 2004 because that is considered the "Steroid Era". Dumbass!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    I don't understand how the all-time saves leader can fall so far short of induction either. How many players hold a major all-time MLB record and yet are not in the HOF? And with that kind of vote percentage he never will be.
    I understand why. Trevor hasn't retired yet.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The people that vote for the Hall of Fame are complete dumbasses. The fact that people wouldn't vote for Cal Ripken Jr. and Tony Gwynn is beyond preposterous. And who votes for Jose Canseco or Ken Caminiti? Do you honestly have to know anything about baseball to get a vote?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I was listening to Mike and Mike on ESPN radio this a.m. and they said a writer in Chicago, nevers votes for anyone on their first ballot, plus he isn't going to vote for anyone in the "steroid" era until he gathers more information. Please, Gywnn and Ripken are about as clean, decent humans as they come!!! They were the face of baseball for their respect leagues for children to have good, quality role models. Sometimes these media guys allow their egos and "voting power" go to their heads. Why can't they just vote for the guys that truly deserve it!!!!

CONGRATS TO BOTH PLAYERS, VERY DESERVING OF THIS ACHIEVEMNET AWARD!!!!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I was listening to Mike and Mike on ESPN radio this a.m. and they said a writer in Chicago, nevers votes for anyone on their first ballot, plus he isn't going to vote for anyone in the "steroid" era until he gathers more information. Please, Gywnn and Ripken are about as clean, decent humans as they come!!! They were the face of baseball for their respect leagues for children to have good, quality role models. Sometimes these media guys allow their egos and "voting power" go to their heads. Why can't they just vote for the guys that truly deserve it!!!!
    Definitely man. Some writers are just hypocritical and seem to shield themselves from the obvious facts. Just because some people took steroids over a period of time should not affect every player in the league. Plus Ripken won an MVP before the so-called "Steroid Era" settled in. It seems unbelievable that somebody who covers baseball for a living could try and deny two stand-up, first-class guys like Ripken and Gwynn a chance at the Hall, even if they've seen all they've done for the game.

MLB ERA
    We have no documented proof that anyone before the 90s took steroids.

They should wipe Cooperstown clean and only people after they started viggeriously testing should be admitted in the future.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Dale Murphy should be in the Hall.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    General, I agree with you. Several players on that ballot should be in, besides the "Goose". Dawson, Murphy, Rice, Blyleven, in fact most of them really could have a case expcept the obvious clowns. No need to name them right, Canseco, Big Mac-- Bash Bros! Ken Camenitti

MLB ERA
    How did I miss this...DANTE BICHETTE GOT THREE VOTES!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Tommy John, Rice and Morris have strong cases as well!!!! Put them all in you stingy voters!!!! It about people who played a game, and played it very well, for a living. It is not like voting to see if someone is ok to be released from prison. If they are deserving, then put them in and get over all these so-called statistical milestones people have to reach just to get considered. PLEASE, get over yourselves you jealous wanna bes that didn't have enough talent to play, so you went into the media aspect to hold it over the heads of the players that could!!!!

MLB ERA
    If nothing else, Tommy John's got the fact that he has his own surgery working for him.

Even as a Yankee fan though, it's a damn shame that Rice hasn't gotten in yet. And every year I hear "well he's picking up steam, this is gonna be his year." And every year he falls short. You have to wonder how much longer it's going to take before the writers start to realize the obvious.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    BTW. Lee Smith needs to get in also!!!!!

Do Greenies count as cheating?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    As players, they are pretty comparable, but I'd prefer both be out than both be in, as they were both putrid offensively, granted, the average OPS in 1980 was .616 for SS...so eh...
    I am not debating Concepcion for the HoF or against it. Considering I wasn't alive to see him play, it would be quite a homer pick to do so since that vote is largely based on defensive capabilities (which the numbers do help to explain and compare the two, I just couldn't base an opinion on it without substantially seeing him play with my eyes), but I do think it's one of the more interesting HoF debates since there are several points and counterpoints to it. As for the lineup issue, it was a small point as both got pitches to hit, but I have to think if the roles were reversed, Ozzie's offensive numbers overall would decline (especially in the peak years where he batted high). Overall though I would tend to agree with your stance, since a standard was set with Ozzie and thus shortstops prior to him.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Dale Murphy should be in the Hall.
    Absolutely. In fact there are some pretty good names on that list.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast