Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Game of the week (5-11): Dodgers vs Cardinals

MLB ERA
    7-3 Cards as the rain begins to fall in St. Louis.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AA ERA
    I want to thank everyone again for participating. You folks were fantastic. I had a good time tonight. It was good to get an opportunity to do this.

Jeff Suppan really showed me something tonight. I critiqued him in the early part of the thread for struggling, but he pitched with a heavy heart. He was awesome in the fifth, sixth, and seventh. Him striking out Drew and Kent was huge and then to get that big RBI was even better. He was a huge reason why the Cards won. He is my player of the game.

Cardinals show why they are a great hitting team. There are never easy outs and those hitters know how to make pitchers work. They use the whole field well. You gotta earn your outs against that lineup. Cardinals made Penny work out there and they found a way to frustrate him.

Eckstein and Grudzlanek are just another example of Jocketty's great moves. Those two were tough to get out tonight. They played a good game.

Just another night in the office for the St. Louis Cardinals. Glad they won.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112