Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions and discussion question for the forum.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Bonds wants a ring more than anything. That's why I know he had no chance to play elsewhere because he is not going to get one playing on the team they assembled this offseason.

MLB ERA
    Brewfan- I honestly think we overpaid him, but I'm glad he came back to the Giants and that he will break the record in a Giants uniform.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    fair enough. I always have enjoyed the Giants especially when they had Will Clark. He is one of my favorite players of all-time. Just loved his passion and intensity. Again, not to bring up a sore subject, I just have NEVER been a Bonds fan. I did respect the HELL out of his game earlier in his career though. From what the media and what I see and here, I just don't approve of what Bonds is about. It is a team sport and if you are lucky enough to set records as individual, good for them. I feel the same about several pro players. (T.O., Sheffield to name a couple of the top of my head.) I just don't feel that they are all about winning like they claim. Just my opinion, and of course, I could and probably am wrong. I am going on the basis of perception from the media!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Bonds wants a ring more than anything. That's why I know he had no chance to play elsewhere because he is not going to get one playing on the team they assembled this offseason.
    Well he won't get the ring this year and I sure hope he don't get the HR record either. Only time will tell. I might just watch some Giants games on MLB TV next season.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    well, IMO, if he truly wanted the ring and the the record, he would have lowered his $$$$ demands and go to another "real" contending team. The record is going to fall people, lets get over that. It is reality and it is just like when Aaron surpassed the Babe, no ONE wanted it then, and the same can be said here. IMO, Bonds doesn't want the ring, he wants $$$ and the record and then he will retire!!! The Giants unless they make some more changes are not going to win their division, they may hang around for awhile, but that is it. Bonds is all in favor of Bonds that is it!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12