Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Justin Morneau wins AL MVP

MLB ERA
    Gary Matthews Jr. and Raul Ibanez?

Stunning.

Meh. Jeter was definetly a deserving candidate, and although I seriously question Morneau as the Most Valuable Player, I guess it's fine.

Even though Santana was definetly more valuable, in terms of production when he played.

All in all, Jeter put together an amazing year, and anyone who calls his season overrated is a total imbecile and needs to be slayed.

MLB ERA
    Jeter had an amazing season and was worthy of this award. The writers felt that Morneau was more worthy. Either of them would have been a good choice. No one was a clear-cut favorite for the MVP this season like Santana was for the Cy Young.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

LTR: I said INDIVIDUAL, getting a TEAM to the playoffs requires 25 players usually.

And Morneau had more games, but less plate appearances. And Ortiz did almost everything better on offense.

And in May he had an .839 OPS, in April, a .689. Two below-average numbers for an MVP candidate who doesn't pitch. Baseball is a six month game, not a four month game. And if you use OPS alone, Mauer was offensively better than Morneau for four months (Apr-Jun, September)
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I demand a recount. Ryan Shealy had this thing locked up.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    Im sure Morneau had Arod, Giambi, Dammon in his lineup to protect him.

Jeter's overated anyways, Morneau is the right choice.
    Giambi was hurting most of the year, ARod sucked, Damon was very good. Morneau had Mauer, Hunter, Cuddyer, Punto. He had a great lineup around him AND a much better starting staff. Jeter didn't have a Santana to just about guarantee a win every 5th day.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Congrats to Justin!!!! He had a great year. He did the same thing that Howard did in the NL. Great second half. Pujols and Jeter both stay consistent throughout the whole year. I believe if you asked both Pujols and Jeter it is more about the team and winning those little things called World Series rings anyways!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    i wanna know who had jeter 6th... yikes.

MLB ERA
    I personally did not have him top 3 on my personal list, but not as far down as 6th....
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    I dont know why you guys think Jeter should have been the MVP, because when has anyone won an MVP hitting 14 HRs and having 97 RBI?

Those are good numbers, dont get me wrong, but there not MVP like numbers IMO.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    There not Justin Morneau's numbers! Justin won the mvp award so suck it up, maybe you will have a chance next season.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

If you're using RBI and HR as the only stats to determine an MVP, it should have been Big Papi

MLB ERA
    Yes, but then you'd have no brain and be an illogical harlot.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well most of the time the stats are what gets peoples attention becuase the casual fan doesn't understand the intangibles that go into every game. Jeter brings lots of intangibles to his game, a true leader, but IMO Mauer still had the better year just because he had to call the game from behind the plate. But Morneau, Mauer, Jeter, Big Papi, Santana, Dye, Hafner, Whoever on that list, could have made a strong case for the award and a strong case for NOT winning the award. That is why W.S. rings talk, and the rest can walk, that is my view on the whole topic!

Since I can see deleted posts, to answer your question, Barry Larkin in 1995.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    LTR: I said INDIVIDUAL, getting a TEAM to the playoffs requires 25 players usually.

And Morneau had more games, but less plate appearances. And Ortiz did almost everything better on offense.

And in May he had an .839 OPS, in April, a .689. Two below-average numbers for an MVP candidate who doesn't pitch. Baseball is a six month game, not a four month game. And if you use OPS alone, Mauer was offensively better than Morneau for four months (Apr-Jun, September)
    So why didn't you have a problem with Howard winning MVP? Or ROY? Point is when Morenau got hot, the Twins started to win and there is no getting around that. Ortiz is a DH and that should be enough said as you brought up Jeter playing a more demanding position. A ****ing bullpen catcher plays a more demanding position than Ortiz. Ortiz shouldn't be in the top 5 for voting. Morenau also hit 40 points higher.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast