Thread: Free Agent Predictions

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Free Agent Predictions

Everyday Players
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/fea...rticleid=26761

Pitchers
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/fea...rticleid=26760

As far as my team (the Giants) goes, I can see them signing Bengie Molina, but not Ronnie Belliard or Sean Casey. I think after Fransden play this winter they will go with him and spend money elsewhere. Casey doesn't help the Giants main need and that's power. I also don't see them getting Bonds back. Feliz I do see the Giants bringing back but wish they won't.

As far as the pitching, Giants have to say no to Suppan as they learned their lesson wth Morris, and Baez is totally possible and I wouldn't mind it. Giants have a lot of money to spend so I see them doing better than what has been predicted.

I would love to hear your thoughts on your favorite teams.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    IMO, Soriano doesn't deserve a bigger contract than Vladimir Guerrero but he is someone that the Angels badly need, as Garrett Anderson is not a middle of the order hitter anymore and Kendry Morales busted early.

MLB ERA
    The Twins need to pick up a right-handed bat and a starting pitcher. Names that I would throw out for the hitter would include Moises Alou. I wouldn't mind seeing Ted Lilly in a Twins uni for the next couple of seasons, either.
    Where does anyone see Bonds going?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Yup!Thats a pic of Rickey websoulsurfer's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Padres Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Everyday Players
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/fea...rticleid=26761

Pitchers
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/fea...rticleid=26760

As far as my team (the Giants) goes, I can see them signing Bengie Molina, but not Ronnie Belliard or Sean Casey. I think after Fransden play this winter they will go with him and spend money elsewhere. Casey doesn't help the Giants main need and that's power. I also don't see them getting Bonds back. Feliz I do see the Giants bringing back but wish they won't.

As far as the pitching, Giants have to say no to Suppan as they learned their lesson wth Morris, and Baez is totally possible and I wouldn't mind it. Giants have a lot of money to spend so I see them doing better than what has been predicted.

I would love to hear your thoughts on your favorite teams.
    Sorry to hear that your team is the Giants. To be condemned to having Bochy as your manager should not happen to someone with such a lovely photo for an icon. Alba rocks.

Yup!Thats a pic of Rickey websoulsurfer's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    The PAdres will probably go after at least one Japanese player (AKI #2) and retread at least one former Padres (Perez, Eaton?).

The Padres have 30-35 million to spend and 4 positions to fill, #1 pitcher, LF, 2B(after trading away their Roy candidate), and Catcher.

Piazza may return and Walker probably will return. Giles and Johnson may be on the trading block and say a quick prayer that they do not go after Marcus Giles.

I was really hoping they would trade for Cabrera for 3b as he is arbitration eligible and will get 8-10 mil in arbitration making him way out of Floridas range. Maybe they still will packaging Kouz and Liney for Cabrera. A man can dream can't he?

I would hope that Roberts is brought back and a big bat is found elsewhere. Or ,maybe they surprise us all and brin in Soriano to play 2B and provide speed at the top of the order. Not much chance of that though.

I think the Padres will start the season with a minor league DH at 3B or LF (an instant defensive liability) and no team speed in a park that demands speed.

All that being said I am already getting excited about a new season and a year without Bochy.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by websoulsurfer
    Sorry to hear that your team is the Giants. To be condemned to having Bochy as your manager should not happen to someone with such a lovely photo for an icon. Alba rocks.
    You forget we had Alou for three seasons. As for your hopes of getting Cabrera, the Marlins have up their payroll so they can keep Cabrera and Willis.