Thread: Randa Retires

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Randa Retires

Joe Randa, who turns 37 in December, said he's done playing after 12 seasons in the majors.
    "I’m retired," he said. "I pretty much made up my mind before last season started that it would be my last." Randa lost his starting job to Freddy Sanchez in a 2006 season that saw him hit .267/.318/.388 in 206 at-bats, but there would have been teams interested in him as a part-time player if he wanted to keep going. He ended up batting .284/.339/.426 with 123 homers and 739 RBI in 1,522 games.
    I think Randa had a couple more in him and it sucks to see him go. I thought he would have been a good fit in Minnesota or even in San Francisco. >284 lifetime average is better than most.

MLB ERA
    The Twins were rumored to be interested in him last season, but chose to go another direction (unwisely, as it turns out). I enjoyed seeing "the Joker" play when we went to KC. He was good with the fans, in the clubhouse, and on the field.
    He was a really good guy and a decent ballplayer. I'm sorry to see him leave the game.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon