Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis Cardinals: 2006 World Champions!!!!!!!

MLB ERA
    Classy comments from Leyland.

He did a great job managing this season.

He should be proud of the Tigers.

The team took off under his leadership.

You can tell he's fighting the tears back right now, not surprisingly.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Overrated storyline of the World Series: Jeff Weaver getting kicked out of Anaheim and going on to dominate in the postseason on the way to a ring.

Underrated storyline of the World Series: All 3 Molina brothers have rings.

Also, am I the only person who is bothered by Jered Weaver sitting in the stands wearing Cardinals gear?!

MLB ERA
    I know several others who were bothered by Jered wearing Cards gear, but I say **** you guys, I'd hope if my brothers were eliminated from the playoffs and I wasn't, they'd cheer for my team and wear my gear.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Cheer on your brother from the stands, but wear plain freaking clothing. You're under contract with the Angels, that's a horrible sight for an Angels fan, IMO.

I have no problem with Weaver doing that
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Yeah, WTF DK, stop making a big deal outta nothing.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I bet you'd like it if Tiki Barber (pre-retirement) were seen wearing Buccaneers gear while watching Ronde in the Super Bowl playing the Raiders 4 years ago.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I love it! The Cards won it all! The Tigers had a hell of a ride this year. Nothing to be ashamed of! Leyland is classy and a great manager himself. I am just happy for the NL, especially since the team came from the Central. I really think that division has a legit chance of being the best or the very least most competitive division next year if all the teams can remain realitively healthy!! I can't wait for opening day already. I loved the series, even though the ratings were low. It is because baseball loyalists (like us here at the forum) watch whether or not our team is in it or not.

I just love to watch baseball!!

Congrats to both teams for an awesome season and the Cards for winning it all.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Cheer on your brother from the stands, but wear plain freaking clothing. You're under contract with the Angels, that's a horrible sight for an Angels fan, IMO.
    who ****ing cares? the angels didnt even make the damned playoffs, so its not like hes cheering against the angels or anything. **** the angels.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

I bet you'd like it if Tiki Barber (pre-retirement) were seen wearing Buccaneers gear while watching Ronde in the Super Bowl playing the Raiders 4 years ago.
    I certainly wouldn't mind. Or throw a pissy fit.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Or what if Derek jeter had a brother on the Red Sox. Derek's at a Red Sox-Cardinals world series game watching his brother play and he's decked out in Sox gear.

Maybe it's just me, but this stuff doesn't fly with me personally.

Angels-Cards is hardly Yanks-Saux.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Or what if Derek jeter had a brother on the Red Sox. Derek's at a Red Sox-Cardinals world series game watching his brother play and he's decked out in Sox gear.

Maybe it's just me, but this stuff doesn't fly with me personally.
    now thatd just be some messed up stuff.

i think steinbrenner would take a hit out on him if he did that.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'll comment more on this later since I just got home, but what an impressive win for the Cardinals. I doubted them from the start, but as the playoffs have proven in recent memory, underdogs if anything should be the ones to fear. The Tigers collapsing though wasn't something I was expecting at all, I wonder if in this case, the long time off was something that was hurtful versus helpful like it often is. Because we know how the errors effected things. Big time congrats to the Cardinals and their fans.

As for Jered Weaver, why not? His team wasn't in the playoffs and who cares if he supports his brother? Seeing that Jeff is a good number of years older than him, there is no question that he was his idol as a young pitcher in high school and such. I imagine he wanted to achieve what big brother Jeff did and that he was a big influence in helping to prepare him mentally for the life of a pro ball-player. Wearing Cards gear is not supporting a team within the league or the division, he's just supporting his big brother and I personally think it was pretty cool of him to do it.

MLB ERA
    Even though I wanted the Tigers to win it really didn't matter. Does Jorge Sosa get a ring also? I heard he was in the minors.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast