Thread: Buster Olney

AA ERA

Buster Olney

Does anyone read his work on ESPN.com or listen to him on ESPN? I enjoy his work. The guy does a great job talking about baseball and lot of teams. I don't think much of the guys on ESPN, but I gotta say Olney has really done a great job with his analysis on lot of teams. He is one guy that at least gets it in terms of knowing the world does not revolve around Boston and NY. He talks on all of teams in MLB. I encourage everyone to read his stuff daily on ESPN.com. I learn a lot from him.

I believe he's the one who wrote a book named (I think) "The Night the Yankee Dynasty Ended", it might be an interesting read, after "Numbers Game".

AA ERA
    Buster really called it, didn't he. That book is a pretty good book. I had a chance to skim through the book at bookstores and it's an interesting read. He talked about how George went nuts after the game with everyone and how he told everyone changes are coming. Geez the Yankees just had a tough loss in Game 7. Now was not the time to rip his players. It was pretty interesting how Rivera gurantee that win in Game 7 of the World Series in 2001 and then how he blew that save.

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA
    I can't stand Buster Olney but Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty was good. And it's not a book about the demise of the Yankees but rather a book about the players on the team from 1996-2001. THe title is really decieving and I thought I was going to come away annoyed with the book but it is enjoyable.

AA ERA
    perfora: What Buster meant in that title was that now George is calling the shots and that he does not trust his liteuanants in the Yankees front office. You know the results of it.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Olney looks too much like my brother-in-law who is an asshole, but Olney knows his shit. I like him more than Jayson Stark.