Thread: Juan Uribe shoots two men; investigation ongoing.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Juan Uribe shoots two men; investigation ongoing.

Juan Uribe and his brother reportedly shot and injured two men in the Dominican Republic on Friday. The men who were shot have already been released from the hospital. According to the report, Uribe opened fire, perhaps in self defense, after the men approached his vehicle. An investigation is ongoing.

Pelotero Juan Uribe hiere oficial Marina Iatlia y un labriego

POR PEDRO CASTRO Y JOSE THOMAS

El campocorto de los Medias Blancas de Chicago (White Sox), Juan Uribe, hirió el viernes de varios perdigones a un capitán de fragata de la Marina de Italia y a un agricultor en el parque central de Juan Barón, San Cristóbal, porque le pasaron muy cerca a su yipeta, informó ayer la Policía.

El oficial italiano Dondolín Alessandro, de 41 años, asignado a la Base de la Marina de Guerra en Las Calderas, Baní, para fines humanitarios, y Antonio González Pérez, fueron heridos mientras el oficial italiano se encontraba comiendo un "pica pollo" en el parque.

En el incidente, ocurrido a las 11:00 de la noche del viernes y reportado ayer sábado al mediodía, también estuvo involucrado el hermano del pelotero, Elpidio Uribe, de acuerdo a una nota del Directorio Central de Investigaciones Criminales de la Policía.

Juan Uribe, que su nombre de pila es Juan C. Tena Uribe, de 27 años, oriundo de Baní, devengó esta temporada un salario de tres millones 150 dólares.

Bateó para un average de 235, con 21 cuadrangulares, 109 hits, dos triples, 28 dobles y 71 carreras empujadas en 132 juegos que participó.

Los heridos fueron curados y despachados en el Hospital Juan Pablo Pina. La Policía dijo que está tras la búsqueda de los hermanos Uribe.

Alessandro recibió heridas de perdigones en el abdomen, las manos, y otras partes, mientras que el agricultor González Pérez, que trató de impedir la agresión, fue herido en el codo izquierdo.

El agricultor reside en la calle F, en Juan Barón, y el oficial en Las Calderas de Baní.

El informe Policial dice que el oficial hizo varios disparos para defenderse de la agresión y desconocen si otras personas resultaron heridas.

El coronel Gabriel Santos Melo y el mayor De La Cruz Blanquín están encargados de las investigaciones.
    http://www.elnacional.com.do/article.aspx?id=1134

MLB ERA
    Way to post a Spanish report dick...

I can read it, but it's going to take way longer...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    When I first saw this, I was thinking Ugueth Urbina-esque bad. From the looks of it, he'll be in America for spring training....

MLB ERA
    Chicago Thug Sox

MLB ERA
    Another possible pro athlete running around with a loaded gun in hand!? *shock*

Say it ain't so!!!!

MLB ERA
    Anyone want to translate that?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    Anyone want to translate that?
    I'd venture to say that Lou Pinnella could, but according to Steve Lyons, his spanish sucks.

*shrug*

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This is starting to get real awesome.
    Dominican authorities have issued an arrest warrant for Juan Uribe in connection with the shooting of two men on Friday.
    Uribe and his brother/bodyguard are suspected of shooting and wounding a Dominican farmer and a captain in the Italian Navy with a pistol and a shotgun when the pair walked too close to Uribe's jeep around midnight Friday, authorities said. Both men were taken to the hospital and later released. According to his agent, Uribe has denied any involvement in the shooting. Oct. 16 - 8:02 pm et

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    General of the Italian Navy?!?!?!

Something tells me there is a lot more to this than we have, even though it already seems pretty messed up.

MLB ERA
    Here is the translation.

Ballplayer Juan Uribe wounds Marine official Iatlia and a laborer

BY PEDRO FORT AND JOSE THOMAS

The campocorto of the White Averages of Chicago (White Sox), Juan Uribe, wounded Friday of various pellets to a commander of the Navy of Italy and to a farmer in the town square of Juan Baron, San Christopher, because they passed very fence to his yipeta, reported yesterday the Police.

The Italian official Dondolín Alessandro, of 41 years, assigned to the Base of the navy in The Kettles, Baní, for humane end, and Antonio González Pérez, they were injured while the Italian official was found eating a "magpie chicken" in the park.

In the incident, occurred to the 11:00 at night of Friday and reported yesterday Saturday al noon, also he was involved the brother of the ballplayer, Elpidio Uribe, according to a note of the Central Board of directors of Criminal Investigations of the Police.

Juan Uribe, that his first name is Juan C. Have Uribe, of 27 years, native of Baní, he yielded this season a salary of three million 150 dollars.

He batted for an average of 235, with 21 home runs, 109 hits, two triples, 28 double and 71 careers pushed in 132 play that participated.

The injured they were cured and attended to in the Hospital Juan Pablo Pina. The Police said that he is after the search of the brothers Uribe.

Alessandro received injuries of pellets in the abdomen, the hands, and other parts, while the farmer González Pérez, that tried to impede the aggression, was injured in the left elbow.

The farmer resides in the street F, in Juan Baron, and the official in The Kettles of Baní.

The Police report says that the official did various shots to be defended of the aggression and they do not know if other people got injured.

The colonel Gabriel Holy Melo and the major Of The Cross Blanquín are responsible for the investigations.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Juan Uribe was questioned and released Tuesday but remains a suspect in the shooting of two men in the Dominican Republic.
    Uribe said he was in another city altogether at the time of the shooting, but Antonio Gonzalez Perez, one of the men who was shot, said he clearly saw Uribe and got into an argument with him before seeing the player pull out a gun and fire. Gonzalez has already filed a civil suit against Uribe. While an arrest warrant issued Monday for Uribe was voided, he had to turn over his gun to police and he's scheduled to appear back at the courthouse later this week. As Uribe was leaving the courthouse today, he pushed away a Univision camera and shoved an ESPN cameraman in the face. Oct. 17 - 3:46 pm et

this is getting too good.