Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reggie Jackson

10 76.92%
  • Curt Schilling

3 23.08%

Thread: Round One (Players): Reggie Jackson versus Curt Schilling

Round One (Players): Reggie Jackson versus Curt Schilling

Reggie Jackson (1971-1975, 1977-1978, 1980-1982, 1986): If there was one hitter you really didn’t want to face in the 70’s and early 80’s in the playoffs, it was Mr. October, Reggie Jackson. I really only need to point out his three homerun game and the fact that his strikeout to pitcher Bob Welch is considered a Top 20 WS moment by many to show his playoff dominance, but his stats help too. In the 5 WS he played in (he was a part of 6 WS teams, but he was hurt for one), he hit .357 with a .457 OBP and .755 slugging percentage over 27 games. He had ten HR in World Series games, including five in the 1977 WS, leading to a 1.250 slugging percentage. He was a key player in four World Series victories and won 11 of 17 post-season series. The two-time WS MVP is the symbol of World Series dominance to this day.

versus

Curt Schilling (1993, 2001, 2002, 2004) - While Schilling has often been an above average regular season pitcher, he turns it up in the postseason. His teams are 7-2 in post-season series, 2-1 in World Series, including the first title for the Diamondbacks and the first for the Red Sox in 86 years (on a bloody sock no less). His career 2.06 playoff ERA is enhanced by 109 1/3 postseason innings. He has averaged about a strikeout per inning in his postseason appearances and has been part of two historic World Series runs.

BLOODY SAWX OMG WTF!

I'm voting for Schill since Reggie was a Yankee.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    You dont get the name Mr. October for nothing.

MLB ERA
    I agree with the previous poster. No matter what sort of season Reggie had going into the playoffs, he always performed well when he got there. Some people are drawn to spotlights.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

AAA ERA
    This is the toughest choice I have seen so far but I can't vote for a guy who put ketchup in his sock.