Thread: The Rules

The Rules

OK, this is a completely shameless ripoff of the TV shows tournament and the Movie Actors Tournament (NFLF exclusive).

Simply put, since it's October, we're doing an elimination style bracket game.

A) Single elimination
    B) Most votes win after 48 hours of creation of the poll
    C) Tiebreakers will go to a separate vote, FIRST PLAYER TO THREE VOTES

We will start with a players bracket, featuring 20 of the greatest postseason players ever. The first round will have 10 H2H matchups, which will eliminate 10 of the 20 contenders. The next round will have 5 more H2H matchups. Those five winners will all face off in a free-for-all, to get the Top 3. Then that top three has one match to determine the winner of the PLAYER side.

The next will be a SERIES bracket, featuring eight of the greatest post-season series ever. That will be a simple NCAA style elimination to get the SERIES winner.

The third part will be a MOMENTS bracket, featuring seventeen of the greatest single game moments (I did condense Morris and Puckett, so one two-game moment). Some will be literal moments (Joe Carter's HR), some will be games (Don Larsen). One event will get a random bye, then we'll go to typical

The final part will face off the winners of all three brackets, the best contender wins.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

As a note, there are no actual brackets, per se. All matchups are randomized by me, but the format is the same for a single elim tourney. No seeds
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    OK, this is a completely shameless ripoff of the TV shows tournament and the Movie Actors Tournament (NFLF exclusive).

You're awesome+.

Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Great bunch of threads. I enjoy discussions of this nature.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon