Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Torre to be fired?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    Thats like saying the players needed to be motivated, i'm sorry but knowing your in the playoffs for god sakes, shouldn't that automatically motivate the players? Instead of blaming the manager.

I agree Cashman should be fired, not Torre, but if Torre does than that shows you how stupid the Yankees are, and yet people ***** and complain why people hate the Yankees, this is the reason why!!
    Baseball players should not have to be motivated at all, but yet... they do. The Yankees have sucked in the postseason lately, he is responsible for that. The Yankees were much better then the Tigers, but they lost.
    I don't see why Cashman should be fired, I think the Yankees had better teams then the opponents in each of the postseasons when they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Torre has to "wake up" a team worth $200 million? Where was Jeter? Where was Posada? If it's the payers, don't you think it should upon the guy who got themj? The only thing I have against Torre is that he went away from the hit and run the past few seasons. Come to SF where you would be appreciated Joe!
    The Yankees have been better then the opponents.. I don't see who else is to blame and what else the Yankees can do to win.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Torre has to "wake up" a team worth $200 million? Where was Jeter? Where was Posada? If it's the payers, don't you think it should upon the guy who got themj? The only thing I have against Torre is that he went away from the hit and run the past few seasons. Come to SF where you would be appreciated Joe!
    I agree about the hit and run. But I severely question you. So Roberto Hernandez is a deal breaker? How is he any better than what we have? He's currently injured now anyway I believe, so not like that matters. And what did the Cubs want for Maddux? Probably around what we gave up for Abreu and Lidle. So, **** that, we'll go with what we have. There was no dearth of pitching if the two best ptichers traded are an elderly Greg Maddux, who pitched better than anyone could have predicted, and Roberto Hernandez.

And the point is not whether Torre should have had to jump-start his team, the point is that he did. And, instead he sat back and did nothing.

According to Steinbrenner, hes staying in NY now anyway. But he better become more active.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonedrie2
    Baseball players should not have to be motivated at all, but yet... they do. The Yankees have sucked in the postseason lately, he is responsible for that. The Yankees were much better then the Tigers, but they lost.
    I don't see why Cashman should be fired, I think the Yankees had better teams then the opponents in each of the postseasons when they lost.
    I'm sure its Torre's fault that Cashman signed some reject/over priced pitchers like Pavano, Johnson, and Wright. And how were you guys better than the tigers? only advantage you guys had was your offense, where you guys got shutout 20+ innnings in a row at one point. They had rogers, bonderman, verlander, against wang, mussina johnson, yeah based on previous success you guys would be in favor, but based on this year those guys had a better year than your guys, so i dont see how you guys were any better?

MLB ERA
    I stopped addressing your arguments along time ago, because you're impervious to reason.

MLB ERA
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=nyy
    Torre will be the Yankees mananger in 2007.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    I'm sure its Torre's fault that Cashman signed some reject/over priced pitchers like Pavano, Johnson, and Wright. And how were you guys better than the tigers? only advantage you guys had was your offense, where you guys got shutout 20+ innnings in a row at one point. They had rogers, bonderman, verlander, against wang, mussina johnson, yeah based on previous success you guys would be in favor, but based on this year those guys had a better year than your guys, so i dont see how you guys were any better?
    My argument is based on thinking the Yankees fielded a better team then the Tigers. If you don't think so, well then that is where our opinions differ.
    Also, initially I was referring to team chemistry more then motivation.

MLB ERA
    So we all know how credible of a source NY daily news is now

MLB ERA
    We all knew that from the beginning here in NY.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Great to hear George did not **** up this team anymore. Torre did an amzing job just to get the Yankees in the postseason. Piniella was no answer to this team.

Stonedry, the Tigers had much better pitching which wins you chamionships and not nine guys who can hit homeruns.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456