Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mickey Mantle

14 93.33%
  • Roger Clemens

1 6.67%

Thread: Round One (Players): Mickey Mantle versus Roger Clemens

Round One (Players): Mickey Mantle versus Roger Clemens

Mickey Mantle (1951-1953, 1955-1958, 1960-1964): Mantle is the holder of several World Series records. He holds the WS records for homeruns (18), runs (42), walks (43), RBI (40), total bases (123), and XBH (26). Additionally, the Mick holds 7 World Series rings and an astounding 12 pennants. His best statistical postseason was the epic 1960 series against the Pirates, which the Yankees lost in 7 games to Maz’s homerun. He went 10-25 with 8 walks. He hit 3 homeruns, and drove in 11 guys. He put up a superior .400-.545-.800 line. His third best statistical series, the best one where he got a ring, was his second against the Dodgers in 1952 with two HRs and an OPS over 1.000.

versus

Clemens (1986, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1999-2005) - He has pitched in six world series and 23 post-season series. He is 3-0 in WS play with a 2.37 ERA, and 12-8 with a 3.71 ERA in post-season play. His team has won 14 of 23 series, and he owns two World Series rings, both with the Yankees. His most notorious playoff appearence was when he threw a shard of a broken bat down the baseline, nearing a running Mike Piazza. Still, Clemens stats have shown him to be a very good postseason player.

No freaking way I vote for Lord of the Groin Pull
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Mantle should be a favorite to win it all.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    My vote is for Mickey Mantle.

Jerry:
    I thought you weren't coming back till Monday.
    Kramer: Well, the camp ended a few days early.
    Jerry: Why?
    Kramer: Uh, well there was an incident.
    Jerry: What happened?
    Kramer: I ... punched Mickey Mantle in the mouth.
    Jerry: What?
    Kramer: Yeah, I punched him and they took him to the hospital and then they canceled the rest of the week.
    Elaine: You punched who in the mouth?
    Kramer: Mickey Mantle.
    Jerry: What happened?
    Kramer: Well, you know, we were playing a game and, you know, I was pitching, and I was really throwing some smoke. And Joe Pepitone, he was up, and man that guy, you know, he was crowding the plate.
    Jerry: Wow! Joe Pepitone!
    Kramer: Yeah, well, Joe Pepitone or not, I own the inside of that plate. So I throw one, you know, inside, you know, a little chin music, put him right on his pants. Cause I gotta intimidate when I'm on the mound. Well the next pitch, he's right back in the same place. So, I had to plunk him.
    Jerry: You plunked him.
    Kramer: Oh yeah. Well, he throws down his bat, he comes racing up to the mound. Next thing, both benches are cleared, you know? A brouhaha breaks out between the guys in the camp, you know, and the old Yankee players, and as I'm trying to get Moose Skowron off of one of my teammates, you know, somebody pulls me from behind, you know, and I turned around and I popped him. I looked down ... and whoa man! It's Mickey. I punched his lights out.
    Jerry: Wow, this is incredible!
    Elaine: Yeah ... so?
    Kramer: Then Hank Bauer, you know, he's screaming, "Mickey! Mickey! What have you done with Mickey? You killed Mickey!"
    Elaine: So what'd you do?
    Kramer: Well, I got the hell out of there.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think this isnt as tough when we are talking about the best playoff performers. But we are still looking at one of the top 5 position players and one of the top 5 pitchers of all time here.

Close, but Mantle has all those records on his mantel.

MLB ERA
    Not close for me. Mantle was great.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Mantle clobbers Groin Pull 14-1
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.