13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twins

2 15.38%
  • A's

11 84.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prepared to drop $300

MLB ERA
    Rule #1 of betting) Don't bet on baseball.
    Rule #2 of betting) Don't you DARE bet on PLAYOFF baseball.

I advise highly against betting on this game at all.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Listen to the Senator.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Don't listen to him - lay it down on the A's and laugh your way to the bank.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Don't listen to him - lay it down on the A's and laugh your way to the bank.

where you will be going to deposit your welfare check after going broke from making a horrific typo and laying down $30,000 on Oakland.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Don't listen to the guy who has zero vcash on thenflforums.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Radke pitching would could the final game of his entire career could be good or bad. Bad, because if he gets lit up early, as he is one to do, it could be over just as early as he may just go through the motions after that. Somehow I doubt he would, but it'd be easy to do, especially being down 0-2.

Here's some key stats that could be in favor of the Twins even though they really don't mean much. Stats worked against them in the first two games with some of their best players.

* The Twins have scored more runs on the road than the A's have scored at home this year. (Difference of like a dozen runs or less, I don't have the stat on me, but I heard it on the radio this morning)

* The A's are 0-9 in series-clenching games over the past 7 or 8 years. Realistically, it's meaningless as last year means nothing to this year and 5 years ago means nothing to next year. It's just a stat. Johan hadn't lost a game in 14 months at the Dome either going into game 1.

* Radke pitching his last game. Could bring out the best in him and it might not. While some are talking about his injury, he played injured nearly the entire 2006 season. It just got to be too much coming down the stretch. When he came back last week, he pitched pretty well and was still throwing into the 90's. He's tough. He always has been, even when he should have been out in other seasons, he still played through nagging injuries. Somethign you don't see from a lot of the pansies pitching these days (ie: hangnail = 15-day disabled list )

* last but not least.... with the prospect of Radke playing his last game, I think the guys behind him will figure out a way to NOT make mental errors like they have the past two games, as well as they will somehow figure out a way to touch the ball at the plate. I just don't see them folding up like a cheap suit and getting swept. Kind of a "win one for Brad.... win one for Kirby" sort of thing going on today. that's my thought.

I blew about $1200 vcash on this series already on the NFL side, so I'm probably the last person to ask. I wouldn't bet on this game because I'd be betting with my heart rather than with my head.

Good luck. Be sure to let us know how you did and what you did.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Great advice everyone! Lynch obviously had a lot to say and some real strong advice. I am still undecided. As you said Lynch, you have already lost a lot of vcash. Well, I have lost $250 on this series already betting on the Twinks. Lost another $100 on the Yankee loss and lost it as well. So my betting strategy has been damned. Never fear though this is all money I have won at the poker tables so I wont be in the welfare line this early in life.

But my decision is still not made. Should I bankroll your ideas or go with my gut still? This game is a very hard one to figure. Any last minute advice is real welcome.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Ok guys after all this real nice advice I want to thank everyone for their help. It never easy dropping this kind of money on a game like this. But I went with the majority and took the A's.

The winner of the best advice would have been Lynch, but he picked the team I did not bet on. So it will go to missionhockey21.

If this game wins, you get $30 for your choosing bro.

See you guys later... I am off to worry myslef to death now.

MLB ERA
    My advice is to bet on the A's. Baseball is a game of streaks, and the Twins are faltering playing poor baseball right now while the A's have molded together as a team.

Personally, I don't trust statistics on this topic, because there are just way too many stats to back up either team.

The only definite note of proof I can offer you comes from the fact that the Twins best hitters and pitchers worked decidedly harder than any team in baseball to secure their playoff spot, and are now tired and weary.

However, the adrenaline of the elimination game will offset this.

If anything, bet the team with the better pitching and defense, which is clearly, right now, the A's.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Good move, redsrbetter.

MLB ERA
    Cha-Ching$$$$$

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Haren > Radke...Radke has a fractured shoulder...he's pitching hurt. Haren is a control pitcher who hardly walks anyone. The Twins are really going to have to hit him hard to have a chance IMHO.
    hmmm...looks like I was right

I'm just saying...not to do with the prize or anything

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Thanks for all the advice fellas! This worked out real nicely.

Mission, PM me to claim your prize.

Thanks again everyone, now I was able to buy a mic and a PSP! YES!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12