View Poll Results: Who would you rather have come to the plate with the game on the line?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Derek Jeter

9 56.25%
  • Albert Pujols

7 43.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would you bring to the plate with the game on the line?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Jeter but give Pujols two more years and I will change my mind.

As great as the great Pujols is, I would have to take Jeter, just because he has proven himself to be one of the greatest postseason performers to ever play the game. I don't doubt that one day Pujols will hold that title, but for now I have to go with the tried and true Jeter over the man who will replace him.

To prove it: by the end of this series Jeter will be the alltime playoff leader in games, at bats, hits, runs, total bases and times on base. Not too shabby of a list there. Granted he wouldn't be anywhere close if guys like Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, Berra and the like played playoffs instead of just world series, but you can't really take that away from Jeter.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    WOW! More votes for Jeter. Overrated punk!

Nah just kidding guys. Haha "Good times, good times"

Anyhow I did go with Pujols, but there are a lot of players to mention in this category as well. But Pujols would be my guy beyond a doubt. In a perfect world, I would have the ability to call Pujols off the bench to pinch hit when I needed him. Something like summoning the ghost of greatness.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Jeter is good, but Pujols is the most feared hitter in the game right now. Cause he is more apted to hit a homer and do more damage than Mr. Jeter. Who else are the opposing pitchers going to pitch in the Yankee lineup.. Pujols doesnt have the same caliber of hitters up and down his line up like Jeter does. Not taking anything awya from Jeter, I love his game, but he isnt expected to produce as much offensively year in and year out like Pujols is, so this helps him relax and go out to the field nightly and have fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12