Thread: Girardi dismissed by Gonzalez

MLB ERA

Girardi dismissed by Gonzalez

Well Girardi was dismissed as the Marlins manager and Fredi Gonzalez, third base coach of the Braves was named his replacement at a 9am ET meeting at Dolphin Stadium.
    http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Marlins are offically stupid.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If Gonzalez lasts three full seasons, I'll be shocked.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Braves should enjoy their third place finish while they can. The Marlins will be even more dangerous now that they have Fredi Gonzalez!

AAA ERA
    My hope is we win it all this year, Torre retires on top and Girardi takes over.

Good for Fredi.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

I can't believe the Marlins weren't satisfied with the job Girardi did. That team overachieved most of the season, he had young players playing at the top of their game. The Marlins have suprised me before though, I guess we'll see.

I don't like this move at all for the Marlins, I thought Girardi did a great job, and will probably be one of the first managers to win manager of the year and still get the boot. With Girardi at the helm I saw the Marlins as a real postseason threat this coming season, but losing a guy like that may hurt a young clubhouse more than management could possibly imagine. But, ya never know.

He certainly won't go to the yankees yet. I don't think Girardi can command the respect that Torre does from all-star and hall of fame caliber playoffs, but maybe in a few years. Anyway, I sincerely doubt that Torre will retire after this season. I do see him going to the Cubs.

AA ERA
    Agreed, I believe Girardi will end up in Chicago as the manager of the Cubs. Although, Even with Girardi's offset relationship with the owner and the front office, I can't believe you would fire a manager that did what he did with that team. As mentioned above, he had that team playing above their heads and brought out the best in his team everynight. Very dissappointing move by the Marlins.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Marlins deserve everything they get! Maybe that is why the fans dont support the team or want to build a new stadium for them.. They start to get good and then they have a fire sale!!! And let a good manager go cause he stands up for what he believes!!!! Please, grow up Marlins ownership and get over yourself.. You are NOT above everyone! Maybe the fans dont support your team because they dont get to enjoy any players or coaches for more than 2-3 years or less in Giardi's case... There is no one to identify with the franchise. They are always getting to know too many new faces!!!

Get a life down there!!!