Thread: Gammons Returns

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Gammons Returns

Peter Gammons will be back on ESPN on Wednesday night.

Gammons, who suffered a brain aneurysm in late June, will be on the 6 p.m. ET edition of SportsCenter and the 7 p.m. ET edition of Baseball Tonight. He will report from Fenway Park.

Gammons isn't returning to work full-time. An ESPN spokesman said that future appearances will be scheduled as Gammons is comfortable.
    Great news and just in time for the playoffs!

MLB ERA
    Glad to hear is ok and back.

MLB ERA
    Best news of the year.

Its good news that he feels healthy enough to return, if only on a case by case basis. However, I feel its time he rethinks broadcasting after this. I didn't miss him during his break. He does have the inside contacts, being around these teams for so long, but it just seems everything has a Red Sox slant to it from him. It pisses me off that Gammons (and ESPN as a whole) just picks out there favorites, and is extremely biased in their coverage of professional sports.

If you think Gammons is the worst thing to happen to ESPN, you are sadly mistaken.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by General
    If you think Gammons is the worst thing to happen to ESPN, you are sadly mistaken.
    Don't go misquoting me, I'm not saying that he is the worst thing that happened to ESPN. There are many, many worse guys on ESPN than Gammons. I just do not like the slant that he puts on the Red Sox, and the homerism that he's put out since they aquired Pedro Martinez, and became a perrenial .500 plus team. He's not John Clayton as far as I'm concerned, for really being unbiased, but he isn't John Kruk or Steve Phillips either.