Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NL Cy Young?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    That being said, any pitcher who switches leagues is going to have a distinct advantage over the hitters he faces the first year in the new league regardless of which direction he goes.

This is due to the majority of the hitters in his new league having practacly zero experience facing the guy.

Mulder and Hudson have both sucked this year, something they NEVER did in Oakland.
    I know that hasn't been the case for us when we get former NL pitchers- Neagle, Vasquez, Kevin Brown, Pavano, Johnson, Wright. The only guy who got better coming over was Shawn Chacon and that was kind of a fluky 2nd half as he reverted back to normal this year.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I disagree.... Just like you said tghat is MVP, Cy Young is suppose to be that for the pitcher, even in rare cases a pitcher as been awarded the MVP. Just as I posted in the NL MVP poll thread, i agree it is suppose to be over the entire year.. But winning with a playoff team should out weigh others if they are not a playoff in a close voting ballot.. It should be like a tie breaker if the voting is close, (example, Zmabrano-CHI vs Carpenter-STL, Zambrano may deserve it but his numbers are comparible to Carpenter's and Carpenter is going to the playoffs. If Zambrano's numbers were far and above Carpenter's then maybe there could be a discussion. Winning should take precedence over good year individually, bad yeear for the team.) I admit that I was wrong when I was pushing for Capuano as the Cy in late August. Now he definitely does not deserve it... So, IMO, we all need to use the same philosophy of the Cy Young award winner as we do for MVP.

Even you said it Hollywood Leo about an entire year for MVP, the same goes for the Cy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234