Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David Ortiz: I should be the MVP, not Jeter. He's not a 40 homerun hitter.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Ortiz talks about how Jeter isn't great because of the guys around, hey shrek junior, you're nothing without Manny being Manny so STFU

The Yankees protection is so much better than the Red Sox this year...and Ortiz's hits would turn to walks without Manny. No big deal
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    but then his argument would be "but Jeter doesn't walk 800 times without an official AB!!" MVP for that? pfft...

AAA ERA
    Another reason to love jeter, he never talks about things like this and sounds stupid like Grape Ape. In this articcle he basically is campaigning for the MVP and taking shots at his teammates. ARod once said how easy Jeter had it w/ the lineup the Yanks had then he came here and he sucks. Just shut up and play.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    if he had mentioned the offensive player of the year award instead of the mvp award, he mightve had an argument. jeter, dye, morneau and mauer are all more valuable than david ortiz... you cant be valuable if your team folds the way the red sox did, and you have to go to the hospital because you cant handle the pressure of an august series.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    I can't speak for Mariners fans as to Edgar Martinez, but Frank Thomas was a first basemen during his prime years in the 1990s.
    Edgar played 3B in before injuries took a toll and he was FORCED to play DH to keep him healthy.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fek
    Speaking of pitchers winning the MVP, we are badly overlooking someone for this award.

I don't know how you guys feel about pitchers winning the award, but Santana has been pitching so lights out, that i'm surprised he doesnt have like 10 no hitters already...the man is nymber 1 in wins, ERA, Ks, opponent BA, and has the lowest WHIP at .95. Sounds like he could win the MVP over all the candidates, especially since the team would be nothing without him.

Where would the Twins be with Johan Santana? Triple Crown for Pitching. 6-0, 1.20 ERA without Liriano in the rotation. And keep in mind they trot out Carlos Silva.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Santana plays every fifth day, Morneau everyday. Who is more valuable? It's not hard. Santana is clearly Cy Young winning material.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Twins have won 21 of Santana's last 22 starts. Switch Santana with a .500 pitcher in that timeframe and the Twins are 73-70 and trying to beat out the Indians in the division, instead of 84-59 and leading the Wild Card by 1½ games.

Santana = automatic win in the standings
    Morneau = not automatic win the standings

Anyways, I'm going with Dye.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Someone has to help produce an offense for Santana do they not? Someone has to help on the four days Santana has off. Morneau is the best producer they got. Dye is a good choice as well if they don't get to the layoffs, Morneau should be the guy.

Good article right here:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/column...hil&id=2583335

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Santana plays every fifth day, Morneau everyday. Who is more valuable? It's not hard. Santana is clearly Cy Young winning material.
    He pitches every 5th day but really if hes not there The Twins would be hard pressed with that rotation to keep up with Detroit and Chicago.

9-0 since the break

• Ranks 1st in AL in W (18)
    • Ranks 1st in AL in IP (212.2)
    • Ranks 1st in AL in SO (230)
    • Ranks 1st in AL in ERA (2.75)
    • Ranks 1st in AL in WHIP (0.98)
    • Ranks 2nd in AL in WPct (.783)
    • Ranks 1st in AL in BAA (.212)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd much rather have Ortiz over Morneau.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Ortiz also noted that Alex Rodriguez won the MVP in 2003, despite the fact his Texas Rangers finished last in the AL West. That season, A-Rod hit .298 with 47 home runs and 118 RBI.
    And that was a goddamn travesty. Alex did NOT deserve MVP that year. If your team is in last place in your division, there's no way in HELL you deserve LEAGUE MVP. Team MVP? Sure. Not for the league.

Now, Ortiz.... STFU. If you want to bring up the past, then bring up Johan Santana who led in every single statistical category in 2005 yet didn't get the CY because his team was one of the worst hitting teams in all of baseball, didn't make the playoffs and he had a couple fewer wins than the eventual Cy Young winner.

Since no playoffs means no Cy Young, then no playoffs means NO MVP to a guy who can barely bat his own weight. I don't care if you hit 50 HRs... if you can't bat .300 and your team isn't in the playoffs, then screw you..... STFU!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There's more to life than a .300 average.
    As proven by his RBIs, homeruns, OBP, and clutchness.
    He deserved the MVP last year, though, and not this season. As far as I'm concerned, there should be co-mvps. Jeter and Mauer. Jeter could always use more hardware in his life, and what Mauer is doing is frigginfantastic for a young catcher.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Co-MVP's is for pussies who can't make up their mind. The Twins have the best record since June 8th and Santana has not pitched all those games. Remember a guy named Liriano? And Zito, if a DH can't hit .300 when all you have to do is hit and take batting practice and not even worry about bringing a glove to the park, that is ****ing sad. What it all boils down to is that Ortiz will not be MVP or should I say shouldn't be MVP! I think the writers will agree with me after this article and the fact that there are more VALUABLE players ( Morneau, Dye, etc)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123